- User Since
- Sep 15 2015, 7:12 PM (256 w, 23 h)
Fri, Jul 31
Tue, Jul 28
I have a bias for my variation. However, having said that, I really like the differences shown in F8796068. It is soft yet the purple makes things very identifiable. I like it a lot. I personally feel like it's the stronger design. The ocean variation has my vote.
May 22 2020
Hey man, can you join our vdg team on Telegram? Here is the link: https://t.me/vdgmainroom
May 21 2020
In the current implementation of this, the cursor turns to the selector for the screen. The cursor does not draw a squared selection of screen where there is black outside the selection. The app crashes or closes after the screenshot is taken. This behavior happens on Fedora 32/Plasma 5.18
May 9 2020
May 8 2020
+1 from me!
+1 from me!
I love this idea. I would request to keep the drag behavior and follow up with a second ticket to propose a change in the drag behavior for the panel.
Apr 27 2020
Could you please try a combination of 2 and 4? I am curious how that would look like.
Apr 22 2020
Apr 21 2020
Apr 20 2020
My opinion on this patch from the beginning has been that it really doesn't add much more than was there before. Visually, it clutters the UI. The icon selected for it might also not be visually appealing or meaningful enough. I believe there should be a different approach to this request. However, I am also open to just dropping the idea completely.
Mar 31 2020
Looking at some of the rules, I see that the language seems very high. Surely a user that spends time on this KCM would have some understanding of what they are getting into. I would suggest bringing the language for labels closer to the one used for KCM options, where we make it conversational, inviting action. For example,
If I am understanding correctly, this patch adds icons in the kcm list to indicate changes you can revert by going to the kcm. Basically, default settings have changed and now you have the possibility to see that changes have been made. I am not sure that I like the implementation. I have some questions.
Mar 3 2020
It seems that the most common iteration is using the minus sign when the buttons are outside of the list itself and use some kind of remove button for those items that have things inline
I guess it depends if we are talking about removal from the system versus removal from the list. They are not intrinsically the same thing. However, I tend to favor using a minus sign in most places
I don't think the trashcan icon is probably as appropriate just because we don't always delete.
Feb 25 2020
Jan 23 2020
I would suggest a circular button instead of square.
Jan 17 2020
I love the gear idea. There was a time when KDE had a bouncing cursor that was a gear, but it jumped instead of spin. The spinning seems much better and better branding for the DE. Maybe Plasma 6?
Jan 13 2020
Dec 30 2019
I proposed a change to this structure long ago, I believe it might be good to consider and organize. Maybe also we can offer more than one way to find things as SySe is launched. For reference, here is what I made,
Dec 13 2019
Love it! Move forward!
"To reduce eye strain, Night Color makes the colors on the screen warmer at the time of your choosing"
Jun 17 2019
+1 on visuals!
How does this look?
Jun 12 2019
Jun 11 2019
+1 on visuals
Jun 10 2019
+1 on principle. Many of these color themes are old and unmaintained.
Jun 6 2019
We might need to add some padding so the button frame doesn't overlay content on the background
Jun 5 2019
May 31 2019
May 29 2019
May 28 2019
May 26 2019
Would it be "too" crazy to want the checkboxes background to be white? I think they bring nice contrast to the page and sets the checkbox apart.
May 24 2019
I don't see a huge visual difference, so it seems good. Do we know if this would look bad in any other apps or situations?
May 22 2019
May 21 2019
May 20 2019
I love this idea visually. I would even say that if you enable this on the sidebar, that maybe it should not repeat itself on the bottom bar on the same window.
Would it be possible in this evolution to explore more streamlined spin boxes? I have always felt, our current version mixes the control with the content and it would probably be cooler to have them look separate. Maybe more like this:
May 17 2019
May 15 2019
May 13 2019
May 10 2019
I agree with this on principle. A feature that is perceived as perfect and immutable is a feature that becomes part of history. If we don't have the attitude of wanting to reiterate on our past work, then we are as good as dead as a developer. Nate has provided clear examples of good outcomes in the face of change. Martin has decided to shut down the idea outright with maybes and what ifs. I feel we should talk about UX in this regard and weed out potential risks, but never stop innovating.
May 7 2019
May 6 2019
Looking good! Keep it up. Please address the concerns so that we can ship a good evolution.
May 3 2019
May 2 2019
What about @camiloh ? Camilo is a designer by training. He has great visual taste.
I don't want to be a judge because I want to participate in the contest. If you feel that I should be a judge anyway, let me know.
May 1 2019
Food for thought, do we want to have requirements as to what the final image should be like? SVG, PNG, JPG? Resolutions?
Apr 30 2019
Ok everyone, here is a new version. I used the recommended text provided by Paul and applied the latest changes requested by Kenny. Please review. @paulb if new changes are required, we will need the Scribus version you're working on instead of the version I am working with. My version is just temporary to get the brochure out faster.
Apr 29 2019
April 29th Version
- page 1 use English: Milano > Milan
- page 2: url should have 2019 at end?
- page 2: url should be https to look more professional
- page 2: url doesn't work when clicking for me?
- page 3 column 1 paragraph 3 line 5: Sources > Source
- page 3 column 1 paragraph 3 line 5: on > in
- page 3 column 2 paragraph 1 line 3: why is this specifying just games & utilities rather than most programs? (Not sure what it should be here. Let's ping Promo!
- page 3 column 2 paragraph 2 line 1: will allow > allows (it actually was missing a "to". It was referencing Kirigami as "it".
- page 3 column 2 paragraph 4: url isn't clickable
- page 4 column 2 not top aligned with column 1
- page 4 column 1 paragraph 2: ruphy previously pointed out population should be 1.5M
- page 4 column 1 paragraph 3: should probably be changed similar to the dot story? (Let's ping Promo)
- page 4 column 1 paragraph 4: as previously suggested should we not mention Redhat as well as SUSE? (Let's ping Promo)
- page 4 column 1 paragraph 4: should we also be listing any of the potential Local Sponsors from a tactical point of view? (Let's ping Promo)
- page 4 column 2 paragraph 2: university > University
- page 4 column 2 paragraph 2: its also accessible by tram and train, maybe just say public transport? (I agree)
- page 5 should the bottom of the columns be aligned? (I was able to, at least, make the second column look longer than the first)
- page 5 column 2 line 2: an > and
- page 8 column 1 line 1: should the first KDE e.V. really have also a second . for the end of sentence? I've never seen that before (You're right, https://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/periods.asp)
- page 8 item 3 line 2 & line 5: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 8 item 6 line 1: organizer > Organizer
- page 8 item 6 line 2: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 8 item 8 line 5: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 8 item 8 line 5: conference > Akademy
- page 8 item 10 line 1: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 8 item 12 line 5: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 9 benefits table, "Network event with KDE Board": KDE > KDE e.V.
- page 9 benefits table, "Logo on badge insert with conference schedule" should be below "Logo on front face of conference badge or lanyard"
- page 9 benefits table, "* Lanyard option is first come, first serve": serve > served
- page 9 benefits table, "* Lanyard option is first come, first serve": add "at Sponsors cost"
- page 9 email: Akademyfirstname.lastname@example.org > email@example.com
- page 9 Media partners: we don't have a conference programme (What should be the action here?)
- page 9 We haven't had a press room for a few years? (What should be the action here?)
- page 9 Additional Opportunities: are we actually able to offer Fair Trade coffee? (What should be the action here?)
- page 9 Additional Opportunities: cocktails > Social Event
- page 10 use English: Milano > Milan
- page 10: the form doesn't seem to work? (Should it work if all people just seem to scan the form and send back?)
- page 10: every year sponsors always just scan and email the form to us so we should probably just list firstname.lastname@example.org there as well
- page 10: alignment of "Please review the terms and conditions on the previous page before completing this form." looks strange as its is aligned with the header, which nothing else is
- page 10: address is old
Apr 27 2019
Apr 26 2019
Apr 25 2019