- User Since
- Sep 15 2015, 7:12 PM (220 w, 4 d)
Jun 17 2019
+1 on visuals!
How does this look?
Jun 12 2019
Jun 11 2019
+1 on visuals
Jun 10 2019
+1 on principle. Many of these color themes are old and unmaintained.
Jun 6 2019
We might need to add some padding so the button frame doesn't overlay content on the background
Jun 5 2019
May 31 2019
May 29 2019
May 28 2019
May 26 2019
Would it be "too" crazy to want the checkboxes background to be white? I think they bring nice contrast to the page and sets the checkbox apart.
May 24 2019
I don't see a huge visual difference, so it seems good. Do we know if this would look bad in any other apps or situations?
May 22 2019
May 21 2019
May 20 2019
I love this idea visually. I would even say that if you enable this on the sidebar, that maybe it should not repeat itself on the bottom bar on the same window.
Would it be possible in this evolution to explore more streamlined spin boxes? I have always felt, our current version mixes the control with the content and it would probably be cooler to have them look separate. Maybe more like this:
May 17 2019
May 15 2019
May 13 2019
May 10 2019
I agree with this on principle. A feature that is perceived as perfect and immutable is a feature that becomes part of history. If we don't have the attitude of wanting to reiterate on our past work, then we are as good as dead as a developer. Nate has provided clear examples of good outcomes in the face of change. Martin has decided to shut down the idea outright with maybes and what ifs. I feel we should talk about UX in this regard and weed out potential risks, but never stop innovating.
May 7 2019
May 6 2019
Looking good! Keep it up. Please address the concerns so that we can ship a good evolution.
May 3 2019
May 2 2019
What about @camiloh ? Camilo is a designer by training. He has great visual taste.
I don't want to be a judge because I want to participate in the contest. If you feel that I should be a judge anyway, let me know.
May 1 2019
Food for thought, do we want to have requirements as to what the final image should be like? SVG, PNG, JPG? Resolutions?
Apr 30 2019
Ok everyone, here is a new version. I used the recommended text provided by Paul and applied the latest changes requested by Kenny. Please review. @paulb if new changes are required, we will need the Scribus version you're working on instead of the version I am working with. My version is just temporary to get the brochure out faster.
Apr 29 2019
April 29th Version
- page 1 use English: Milano > Milan
- page 2: url should have 2019 at end?
- page 2: url should be https to look more professional
- page 2: url doesn't work when clicking for me?
- page 3 column 1 paragraph 3 line 5: Sources > Source
- page 3 column 1 paragraph 3 line 5: on > in
- page 3 column 2 paragraph 1 line 3: why is this specifying just games & utilities rather than most programs? (Not sure what it should be here. Let's ping Promo!
- page 3 column 2 paragraph 2 line 1: will allow > allows (it actually was missing a "to". It was referencing Kirigami as "it".
- page 3 column 2 paragraph 4: url isn't clickable
- page 4 column 2 not top aligned with column 1
- page 4 column 1 paragraph 2: ruphy previously pointed out population should be 1.5M
- page 4 column 1 paragraph 3: should probably be changed similar to the dot story? (Let's ping Promo)
- page 4 column 1 paragraph 4: as previously suggested should we not mention Redhat as well as SUSE? (Let's ping Promo)
- page 4 column 1 paragraph 4: should we also be listing any of the potential Local Sponsors from a tactical point of view? (Let's ping Promo)
- page 4 column 2 paragraph 2: university > University
- page 4 column 2 paragraph 2: its also accessible by tram and train, maybe just say public transport? (I agree)
- page 5 should the bottom of the columns be aligned? (I was able to, at least, make the second column look longer than the first)
- page 5 column 2 line 2: an > and
- page 8 column 1 line 1: should the first KDE e.V. really have also a second . for the end of sentence? I've never seen that before (You're right, https://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/periods.asp)
- page 8 item 3 line 2 & line 5: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 8 item 6 line 1: organizer > Organizer
- page 8 item 6 line 2: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 8 item 8 line 5: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 8 item 8 line 5: conference > Akademy
- page 8 item 10 line 1: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 8 item 12 line 5: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 9 benefits table, "Network event with KDE Board": KDE > KDE e.V.
- page 9 benefits table, "Logo on badge insert with conference schedule" should be below "Logo on front face of conference badge or lanyard"
- page 9 benefits table, "* Lanyard option is first come, first serve": serve > served
- page 9 benefits table, "* Lanyard option is first come, first serve": add "at Sponsors cost"
- page 9 email: Akademyfirstname.lastname@example.org > email@example.com
- page 9 Media partners: we don't have a conference programme (What should be the action here?)
- page 9 We haven't had a press room for a few years? (What should be the action here?)
- page 9 Additional Opportunities: are we actually able to offer Fair Trade coffee? (What should be the action here?)
- page 9 Additional Opportunities: cocktails > Social Event
- page 10 use English: Milano > Milan
- page 10: the form doesn't seem to work? (Should it work if all people just seem to scan the form and send back?)
- page 10: every year sponsors always just scan and email the form to us so we should probably just list firstname.lastname@example.org there as well
- page 10: alignment of "Please review the terms and conditions on the previous page before completing this form." looks strange as its is aligned with the header, which nothing else is
- page 10: address is old
Apr 27 2019
Apr 26 2019
Apr 25 2019
Apr 24 2019
Apr 22 2019
New version. I received the following feedback:
Apr 21 2019
Here is a new version of the Brochure. Texts have been reviewed but I ask that you also take a look and let me know of any errors.
Apr 19 2019
Sorry for coming this late into the conversation. I was wondering if the spear in the bolt can be changed to be horizontal? It would be more visually consistent with the angle that the lightning bold is. The back of the arrow |>, that needs to be horizontal.
Apr 16 2019
Apr 15 2019
I like the way that this is going. I also like the way that mobile does volume. Very understated. I think this is going the right direction.
Apr 11 2019
Apr 9 2019
Apr 8 2019
I checked my work calendar and the best date for me would be May 31 - June 1. I have the time to travel. I have a preference for Athens :D, but that's just me.
Apr 7 2019
Apr 6 2019
Apr 5 2019
Apr 3 2019
The line that goes across almost completely removes the bell's pendulum to the right. Maybe move the pendulum closer to the center so that even when there is that red strike line, the user can still make out that it is a notification bell
Apr 2 2019
The original 2018 version of this brochure was made in Scribus 1.5.x. I bumped into the same problem when making the 2019 version. I had to upgrade Scribus to the 1.5.x development series. I will make the PDFs.
Apr 1 2019
Paul and I have been working on a brochure. This is what we have.
Can you add a before/after video maybe? Just to see the changes
Mar 28 2019
Mar 27 2019
Mar 26 2019
Mar 22 2019
+1 for visual improvement
Could the message include some hints of what failed? Maybe the theme name? Something like: