- User Since
- Feb 28 2018, 11:25 PM (67 w, 3 d)
qt5 SUSEQt5.10/src/settings/ProfileSettings.cpp:512:26: error: ���class QFontMetrics��� has no member named ���horizontalAdvance���
Note that ncurses devs recently decided to fix clear (https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=506438#c19), so on newer systems it will work even with current CSI2J behavior.
This lowers reasons behind this path to compatibility with clear in older systems and compatibility with xterm. If these goals are not important, the patch can be abandoned.
Scripting! <3 At least with some designs, like yours or mine
- Fix radio button name
- Add short info about profile shortcuts and visibility
- Add kuit tags
- Use modified QKeySequenceEdit for shortcut editing.
- Use disabled text color for non visible profile's shortcut text
Wed, Jun 12
Tue, Jun 11
Mon, Jun 10
Yes yes yes!
Fri, May 31
- Fix changing favorite status in profile list
- Move profile's pointer to separate hidden column
- Remove nonexisting friend class
- Minor changes in UI strings
- Improve columns width in profiles list
Wed, May 29
Hmm... right. I was doing some improvements in the code, but they can go into another review.
I'll update this tomorrow.
Mon, May 27
Sun, May 26
Sat, May 25
Tue, May 21
Mon, May 20
Checkboxes look nice, but they don't match other elements - everything else uses basic shapes, and the check mark on OK button is quite different.
Sun, May 19
May 16 2019
Maybe like this?
Fading out solves additional use cases:
- something sometimes outputs always the same line (debug message) to a terminal. Does it spams the line in a loop right now, or I'm looking at previous lines? (for this the feature would need to work for new lines too)
- Repeated scrolling is distinguishable
May 4 2019
Fix issues from Nate's comments
May 3 2019
Is it possible (without hacks or per-application changes) to make icons colorful in a view and monochrome in a panel?
Apr 25 2019
Apr 23 2019
Sure, when missing parts will be implemented or when we decide to not implement them.
Apr 22 2019
Maybe just implement it using another letter? I guess both implementations have its fans
Apr 19 2019
Apr 18 2019
width type can be changed to int in order to fix this without reordering members.
The file is generated, so this should be changed also in the template.
Apr 12 2019
And maybe rename labels in this style (someone with better english skills than I should verify this):
- Fixed size → In memory, size:
- Unlimited → On filesystem: (or "Unlimited, on filesystem:"?) + remove "history file location" label
- Custom → Other
After thinking about scrollback a bit more I think history file path AND scrollback size should go to global settings. Does anyone use different profiles with different history sizes, or change size just for current session?
Apr 11 2019
If they doesn't care, why give them ability to change the location?
User might not know exactly what "system" and "user" location is (/tmp might be obvious, ~/.cache/konsole not so much), and on which partition it will eventually end (in case of weird partitioning).
What do you think about changing the task to be about all touch actions (and what actions we want to have)? Asking too precise questions will lead to "ok lets use A for X" and later, in another task "no, we can't use A for this, X uses it".
Apr 9 2019
I'm working on settings dialog, i'll try to upload a wip version this week. There is a problem with the fact that parts of KF5 are outdated, e.g. Kconfigdialog wraps every page in qscrollarea and kconfigdialogmanager does not support button groups.
I've (almost) implemented missing parts in Konsole for now and I'll fix it in KF5 later. The code in Konsole will allow to release it in 19.08 without bumping required kf5 version too high. When bumping will be ok it is easy to replace custom Konsole code with kf5 api.
Apr 6 2019
Sorry, I've missed Url in setDirectoryUrl :/
Apr 5 2019
Apr 4 2019
@hindenburg why is URL a list when only one entry is used? With string type homePath() could be used in readPathEntry as default value, making if...else... redundant.
Apr 3 2019
Mar 29 2019
- An escape value if you destroy the UI by accident (e.g. by deleting the default panel) without needing to right-click
Mar 21 2019
- Fix argument types in QCOMPARE (fixes builds)
- Update description
Mar 18 2019
Mar 15 2019
@ngraham this is something else (styleName is handled in the patch). The fonts and their styles are not linked correctly, so we have fonts/styles:
Most likely - when you open font selector in any Qt app, Plex Mono font has only 4 basic styles. To get "text" style you'll have to use Plex Mono Text font (and there is no bold).
Mar 12 2019
Mar 2 2019
@ngraham wrong review :)
Abandoning it then
Mar 1 2019
What about adding the same shadow under icons? Otherwise it looks like a text floating above flat background.
Feb 28 2019
Feb 27 2019
Restore normal value
Feb 26 2019
Feb 25 2019
Pushed to master
Feb 24 2019
Depends on your opinion. As for me:
- It is nice that we get all possible information about what an user selected in the font dialog - we can remove/change things we don't need/support.
- The style name allows for most precise (afaik) style specification. Technically, there can exist two styles, with the same weight, stretch, etc, but different glyphs. However, Qt should unset styleName after manual change of particular style properties. It doesn't, so we need to do it manually (this can be considered the problem to which the patch is a workaround).
Feb 23 2019
Feb 22 2019
Feb 15 2019
I think it should be as it is now - user will see that a space, not a symbol, is selected.
Feb 12 2019
Feb 10 2019
More more descriptive names
auto → bool
Fix suggested problems
Feb 9 2019
@sandsmark I'll take care of your remarks (probably) today