- User Since
- Feb 28 2018, 11:25 PM (93 w, 1 d)
Thu, Dec 5
Tue, Nov 26
Right now you can't even draw this connection nicely using QStyle.
What do you mean? Qt accepts CSS to style elements so I'm pretty sure it's possible to draw some very nice custom elements with Qt.
I understand, but I was referring to following mockup, where the button has input field background, so I perceive it as in-field icon like "clear" with separator :)
Mon, Nov 25
Sat, Nov 23
- Don't do straight vertical separators + arrow down - it looks like favorites list or something, not ordered hierarchy.
- > doesn't make sense when placed after directory name - it means something like "next directory is...", and clicking it should modify directory on the right of the arrow.
- Don't highlight arrow and label like it is a single thing - it is not. Clicking label has different action than clicking arrow.
- Don't make last item (current directory) clickable/highlightable - clicking it does nothing.
Fri, Nov 22
Wed, Nov 20
What does this arrow-down near desktoptheme do?
Sat, Nov 16
If so, Kirigami can be modified to work as needed.
Default text color and this new background blended with white still has good contrast, but it doesn't look so good when colored text is used (not that it looks perfect now).
Also, please consider how it looks with transparency but without blur (as it does not work everywhere). It can be distracting.
Konsole is sometimes used for hours for looking at text, so it have to be readable by default.
Nov 12 2019
Why (assuming it would be possible to disable it)?
Example use case: there is optional feature in Konsole which randomly adjusts foreground and background colors in each session (hue and saturation; perceived lightness is kept constant). It helps with finding specific window/session, as it is easier to find window tinted to specific color than looking at content/title (when it is similar), especially when window is scaled down (present windows effect). It could be nice to extend this adjustment to whole window (and titlebar), of course with user consent.
We make titlebars blended with window for consistency, and because it looks nice. Does it make sense to prevent similar consistency with application which uses different colors (e.g. web browser)?
Nov 10 2019
Color scheme issue. Highlight background color is used. I could change it to something like background color of selected item in unfocused sidebar, but then it won't look that good in light Breeze.
Commit dab7fdd with current Breeze/Breeze Dark color schemes:
There are two groups of new users:
- Those who install the system and use it later:
- All this stuff should be available when the system installs itself. Users have to wait until it completes anyway, so this is probably the best moment.
- If they had something better to do during installation, they are self-confident enough to find "New user guide", "Help" or something in application launcher.
- Those who get already installed system:
- Important option to have: language/region selector. I think many devices with Linux/KDE come from smaller companies, which don't have large official distributors in each region, so the system uses US English by default. The first thing we should do for people who don't know English is to talk to them in their language (and don't confuse them with inverted date format :) ).
- You probably want to give them possibility to change their name/login, password.
Going back to this. From visible things: implemented drawing of checkboxes/radios in menus; selected list items have checkboxes with hover&focus style.
There's also floating search bar in Konsole:
It have to stay floating and on top, but its contents can be changed if needed.
Nov 9 2019
Nov 7 2019
Nov 4 2019
Nov 3 2019
Yakuake icon moved to: https://phabricator.kde.org/D25123
Nov 2 2019
I'll do the split today or tomorrow.
Oct 31 2019
Inserting and applying styles can be done with icon template file with predefined swatches. Swatches (which are internally one-stop gradients) would be converted into style later with a script. Not trivial (i.e. not one line sed) to write due to indirect gradient use in inkscape, but also not really hard. Xml parser is the way to go. For extra newbie-friendly solution, "save as monochrome breeze svg" extension could be made.
From designer point of view use is really simple - in fill and stroke dock click "swatch" type and pick named color from a list.
This looks really nice and would indeed make this patch useful in the case of scrolling. But fading based on a timer would kill the main feature I see in this: having a visual reference to be able to see what has moved. Maybe we have to find something in between the original proposal and this. What do you think ?
Oct 27 2019
Why do you replace action icons instead of adding separate colorful icons for use in preference dialogs? Right now all action icons are "monochrome", making few of them colorful will introduce inconsistency.
Oct 25 2019
Oct 16 2019
There is no merge commit when it is not necessary, and commits are not usually squashed (at least in Konsole, quick look at Okular says the same), so a MR author should put the keywords in one of the commits. You can check commits on a branch (or in commits tab in merge request) and ask commiter to fix commit descriptions. However, force-push is not allowed in some cases, so that might be impossible (IIRC).
Oct 15 2019
Gitlab's Merge Request description is not placed in a commit (at least when there is no merge commit, which is default). Each commit in merge request has its own independent description.
Please see "02 Oct, 2019 (5 commits)" in https://invent.kde.org/kde/okular/commits/master - this is the result of mentioned merge. Hooks didn't catch bug entries because they are not in commits.
Oct 14 2019
Please note that Konsole icon is intended to be personalized icon/"logo" (see T10243).
The prompt symbol is thick as it is main symbol (like symbols in e.g Plasma, Akregator, Kile, "K" icons/logos) - the window-like background (or just square in var C) is just secondary addition.
Oct 13 2019
Oct 12 2019
Right one (larger shadow size). Plasma popups open above windows, yet they cast a lot smaller shadow than window shadow right now.
Oct 11 2019
Yes, I'll create review soon
Oct 5 2019
Oct 4 2019
Oct 2 2019
Oct 1 2019
Sep 30 2019
Sep 29 2019
I need some more time (~week) for fixes and cleanup.
Sep 27 2019
Thank you. Looks good!
@vladimirmikulic can you put screenshot here?