- User Since
- Jun 12 2018, 8:05 PM (26 w, 17 h)
- Use the root a design with a pen
Sat, Dec 8
I have made the root a and root capital K design with the pen added:
Fri, Dec 7
The proposed icons in my dock:
Thu, Dec 6
Will that tooltip be shown when just clicking on the button without dragging?
@filipf That looks awesome!
One question though: should the clock text change color with the theme?
It looks a bit odd with the white clock in your proposed dark theme
Wed, Dec 5
- Switch to horizontal orientation for clarity
There we go:
With a small "k" in the equation:
Mon, Dec 3
Ok, will do when I have some time :)
Do you think this style is better (16px versions shown):
Thats rather difficult. Adding it to the proposed design looks quite cramped:
Sun, Dec 2
This is awesome, thank you!
The main issue is that the added lines are too much complexity for 16px icons. They are probably possible for 22px and up, at the expense of making the flashlight look a bit short.
Fri, Nov 30
- enlarge muted symbol in 22px microphone-sensitivity-muted icon
I will make changes to the muted symbol in the microphone icons as well
- Lower opacity of inactive sound waves; improve sound muted icons
Thu, Nov 29
- Apply new off and muted styles; add 22px audio-status icons
22px is okay imo; however I've enlarged it quite a bit for 16px:
I think the distinction is useful. The off icons would then look like this:
Wed, Nov 28
- Change symlinks
I changed the symlinks to point from the off icons to the muted icons; but I could reverse that.
I like this change a lot, however I think the Section header should be changed from "Recents" to "Recently Used". I think Recents just sound inelegant and weird
Sat, Nov 24
Thu, Nov 22
Rebase onto master
Tue, Nov 20
Sun, Nov 18
I think it's not quite clear enough on it's own, however together with the other icons it will be clear
- Make zipper consistent with archive mimetype icons; tightened the gap for the emblems to be more consistent; 32px icons with 2px margins
Do you think this is more consistent:
I would suggest making the mouse wheel itself turn blue as highlighting
Sat, Nov 17
- Change margins to 4px in 32px icons
Ok I will change that, however the graphic on the Icons HIG Page (https://hig.kde.org/_images/Breeze-icon-design-5.png) says a inner size of 28px which means 2px margins on each size.
So that graphic should be updated, or if the 4px margins only apply to action icons, that should be clearly stated in the text.
I don't recall either of them being adressed in D16848: Revamp Icon Design and Emblem pages.
- Remove old sort.svg icons
That was not supposed to be there anymore after we changed the name. I'm going to remove sort.svg
- Switch arrow directions in ascending and descending variants
I am sure that in ascending, the lines get longer further down (representing larger file sizes etc.). The thing I am not quite sure about is the direction of the arrows.
Fri, Nov 16
As not all applications have these empty window areas that can currently be used for dragging windows around, your idea could be integrated into an overlay with one large surface to pinch-to-zoom.
- Fix naming of ascending and descending versions; make ascending versions less confusing; fix symlink sort-name
So you're saying the direction of the arrows is consisten with the current way, as long as the ascending and descending names are switched, correct?
- You're absolutely right about that, don't know how I missed this. With the correct naming, should the arrows still point to the end with longer lines?
- They are sorted, but some lines were shortened to make room for the arrow so it could stay in the bottom right. Earlier I had a design with the arrows moved to the top in the ascending version (I have edited the comment to have correct naming):
- Add new generic sorting icons, rename existing ordered sorting icons to -name scheme
I think this version looks best, as you said, the direction is clear enough with 22px and 32px icons and I prefer the consistency with the placement of the arrow.
The change is necessary for the 16px icon, though.
This is how the set looks with the arrows above the lines in the descending versions:
While in Panel Edit Mode, use buttons to determine screen edge rather than making the user manually drag the panel
I made all necessary versions of these icons (24px not shown since they're the same as 22px):
Thu, Nov 15
So should I include the renaming of the existing icons and add ascending and descending versions of these new ones in this revision? That way applications that use view-sort-ascending for alphabetical order will have it replaced, but I guess that's okay because then the applications weren't using the icon properly in the first place.
I have adjusted the arrows to fit the view-sort-ascending style:
I do agree that the 22px version is clearer with two lines in between the arrows:
Tue, Nov 13
Mon, Nov 12
- Fix yet another alignment issue with a shadow
- Fix another issue with a shadow
- Improved contrast with Breeze Light theme and a few minor visual changes
The contrast is now ok, even in the worst case scenerio with Breeze light and no shadow:
I think you could do it as a full-window overlay. You might activate it with either an extra button in the titlebar or by double-tapping the titlebar.
Nov 11 2018
- Cleaned the SVGs with svgcleaner
- Replaced Inkscape SVG with regular SVG Export