- User Since
- Apr 15 2015, 5:07 PM (187 w, 5 d)
I'm very sorry this went unanswered for so long - for some reason the patch slipped through the cracks. Unfortunately I have to continue with bad news - those behaviors being hard-chosen in the ITM widget is by design choice, so I have to reject this patch.
Looks ugly to me. Honestly, my stance is "use a better wallpaper". There's only so far you can compromise theme aesthetics for other people's bad taste.
Fri, Nov 16
@chempfling Do you need help pushing this?
Tue, Nov 6
Patch is fine, but codingstyle-wise I usually do it in the constructor in the .cpp. I'd be a nice gesture if you move it before you push, but otherwise all cool.
Thu, Nov 1
Fix build error.
Update the title.
- Sync ids before syncing names.
- Remove the dummy id swap, it's no longer needed given the above.
- Add a class description comment that illuminates the sync/detach behavior.
- Reindent headers.
Looks great, I'm happy to finally see this get cleaned up.
Tue, Oct 30
Should be OK now
Try to remove Marco's revision
Mon, Oct 29
BTW guys, I am on business travel at the moment that's why I'm not super looped in or helpful.
Thu, Oct 25
Wed, Oct 24
Tue, Oct 23
- Fix Exec
- Clean up KCM titles
Yeah, it's that one.
Mon, Oct 22
It's in and will be in the next 5.12.x (LTS) and 5.14.x releases, and of course eventually also 5.15.
I'll land it for you (it needs a manual step, which requires a dev account - which you should eventually apply for if you wind up contributing regularly!).
@apol My GSoC student has used this code as inspiration, if you look at the review request for his work, his version of kimpanel now has layout indicator support superceding this one here.
Oct 19 2018
Oct 17 2018
Drop the TODO note from the message.
Remove two arg() fixes in the diff that should be in the other containment action diff
- Fix another arg() call
- Do delete+remove in one step with take()
- Fix loop condition
Labels should be done in: plasma-desktop.git:containments/desktop/package/contents/ui/FolderItemDelegate.qml
Oct 16 2018
Sorry for being incredibly slow on this, life has been so busy :/
Don't keep VirtualDesktopInfo as a static member to make d_ed happy
Fix two more uses of arg()
- Make doSwitch wrap again
- Don't keep the VirtualDesktopsInfo as a static member to make d_ed happy
- Use the multi-argument arg()
I like this plan a lot, including the Dialog2 one. It's always occurred to me that the XDG Popup positioning API and Plasma Dialog's are quite closely related.
Oct 11 2018
Oct 10 2018
- Drop the onPress handling, it was unnecessary with the focus-forwarding I added later during development.
- Take David's review comment into account.
- Make TaskGroupingProxyModel::requestVirtualDesktops and similar async-safe.
- Make TasksModel::Private::lessThan handle unsorted virtual desktops lists.
Drop FIXME from spacer on Marco's advice.
No worries, thanks for the patch :)
Oct 9 2018
@mart There's a last FIXME in the QML code for a spacing hack (mentioned as a todo in the description). Could you give me a hand with that one?
- Remove hack around Enter issue and move to onAccepted now that Marco has fixed it somewhere else.
- Update description.
I have prepared an update with the qDebug cleanup and the virtual desktops code in TaskGroupingProxyModel, but I don't want to risk my above questions being lost, so I'll hold of on updating before the answers are in.
- Swap dummy ids out for real ids, otherwise sync can't finish (review by d_ed).
- Move hooking up state-altering signals to after initial state is in, so we don't need to guard against concurrency (review by d_ed).
- Removed unused file (review by d_ed).
- Various style cleanups pointed out by Vlad.
Oct 8 2018
Oct 6 2018
Adding Luigi due to the .pot rename caused by this.
Forgot to mention it, but I also did the folder move/rename so this KCM now replaces the old one.
I like the goal here, but it's not a given the stored index is still valid when navigating back - the folder contents could have changed. It'd be hygienic to bound the access when popping from the history.
- Remove copied code.
Oct 4 2018
Update description to scratch off the done todos