- User Since
- Apr 15 2015, 5:09 PM (173 w, 6 d)
I don't think it has anything to do with privacy at all.
It's purely a design decision on what looks more elegant here.
back in the day, the effect was added mainly because having compositing was a huge achevement (linux desktops were known to not be able to do proper transpacency for a loong time)
so compiz had this on by default, therefore we did implement it and put it on by default. that's pretty much all it's to it.
Sun, Aug 12
code looks fine, can you put a longer description in the summary for git history sake?
Wed, Aug 8
new approach: modules paint themselves
- paint internally the title and breadcrumb
Tue, Aug 7
- kirigami.qrc.in for cmake, kirigami.qrc for qmake
Mon, Aug 6
good idea, 2 comments:
- the import version of platformtheme cannot change or will break existing code
- needs a smallestfont declared also in all version of qml-base theme implementations, one in controls, one is in the kirigami repo, under controls, one is in the plasma-framework repo, under src/declarativeimports/kirigamiplasmastyle/
Fri, Aug 3
Thu, Aug 2
I'm not convinced by that, especially having the whole page gray, as is an item view, it should be white.
why the 231 updates selected row is white? being part of the toolbar kinda breaks the flow (note the top doesn't have a separator in this case in order to have a single block for the toolbar
Mon, Jul 30
Fri, Jul 27
KI18n fails to install now
Thu, Jul 26
- new dbus protocol which maps more closely the wayland one
Wed, Jul 25
RFC: add back some info for the layout? (in particular: rows and orientation, tought orientation is a bit concerning as is view-spacific)
added a DBus interface to manage virtual desktops, the functionality of the kcm should be covered
(the kcm could be ported to this for both the x11 and wayland cases)
Still no support for orientation in wayland case.
not sure if the number of rows should be in the wayland protocol & having orientation as well.
The problem with orientation (even with current x11 implementation) is that is view-specific, so if you have 2 pagers, one in an horizontal panel and one in a vertical one, they will override the global orientation to each other, but one of the two should "win" and force the desktopgrid and other effects to conform to that layout.
- first rough non working prototype of a DBus interface
- almost working dbus interface
- move waypand protocol logic in VirtualDesktopManager
- expose rows to the dbus interface
Tue, Jul 24
Mon, Jul 23
+100 from me as well
- adress some comments