- User Since
- Jul 30 2015, 8:46 PM (228 w, 14 h)
Seems fine, thanks!
Let's just close that.
If I have enough time somewhen, will report a Qt bug (or try .1)
If you think that is just a Qt issue, we can close this again =)
In-house we will just patch this :-0 Debugging the static linking in Qt is too much work.
Therefore I made this review request ;)
For me, for Qt 5.14 static linked, it doesn't seem to propagate.
I am not sure why that worked before thought.
Mon, Dec 9
The generic stuff will still be there, yes.
But I don't think this hurts
Sun, Dec 8
Nice that you take care of that stuff.
Could you enhance the CMake test file, too, to cover some of the new stuff?
Seems to be a reasonable idea for me.
Sat, Dec 7
Mon, Dec 2
As noted in
Thanks for the update!
Fri, Nov 29
I am with Albert, that we better improve what Qt has instead of replicating this here.
Wed, Nov 27
I think that is nicer, not yet-an-other global hash ;=)
Tue, Nov 26
I like the overall effect, but I don't like the new static registry.
We already have some registry in KateGlobal for all views, we would just need to allow to access the KateModeMenuList for the individual view then we can use that global list of views to touch all of them.
That would be preferable to have an other global hashing.
Nice improvements! Thanks a lot.
Looks good in principle.
Sun, Nov 24
In Kate, we removed the choose encoding for open and rely on the detection and for save we have an extra action that let's you first select the encoding (which is rarely needed, just for some "convert file to X" tasks you do once a week ;=)
Sat, Nov 23
- Clean up KDeclarative mess, makes for an insane dependency tree
> Reviewed on the KF6 sprint
Fri, Nov 22
I will create a list with the frameworks that at the moment require it, then we can work on removing this requirements step by step.
I did an arc land.
I think at the moment KIO still needs dbus for some parts.
Or KXmlGui if I am not mistaken.
Ok for me :=)
Wed, Nov 20
That is bad, then this must be fixed.
That should happen on Windows, too.
Just like it works nicely on macOS.
No, not really, I fixed that long ago, we auto-detect this and use the KDE_FORK_SLAVES code paths for that
kio doesn't require dbus for the normal slave stuff.
It can be that it requires it for the kcookie or auth stuff.
Tue, Nov 19
Sounds reasonable, code looks better, too!
Mon, Nov 18
Actually, I could live with:
Sun, Nov 17
This allows to shrink e.g. the Kate installation on Windows from 431 MB to 274 MB, > 150 MB space less occupied ;=)
The issue with this approach is, that you get "too high" lines for the case that none of this characters ever appear.
Beside that, unfortunately, you get rendering artifacts in addition, as Qt will not paint e.g. selection high enough for lines without such chars.
Btw., I just tried e.g.
For the lambda issue, I think we can add: