- Use a dialog with category buttons on the left, which is used in most KDE applications
- Apply KDE HIG as much as possible
- Align layout columns in multiple group boxes
- Move some settings to another groups
Profile name and icon, and settings related to session/application
- Move "Show hint for terminal size after resizing" to Appearance page
- Move "Dim the colors when the window loses focus" to Appearance page
Tabs page, rename tab dialog
- Only minor UI changes
Settings related to basic appearance.
- Add additional tabs
- Cursor - cursor settings from Advanced page
- Add "Line spacing" from Advanced page
- Add previously missing terminal margins and terminal center settings (4 years old config-only feature)
- Add "Show hint for terminal size after resizing" from General page
- Add "Dim the colors when the window loses focus" from General page
- Use customized font selection dialog
- Show all printable ASCII characters and look-alike character sets as a preview
- Live preview for changes in the dialog
- Move "Show all fonts" to the font selection dialog
- Remove "text size" (it is replaced with live preview in the font dialog)
- Add live preview for cursor settings
- Add live preview for "Line spacing"
Scrolling page, history size dialog
Settings related to scrolling and history.
- Replace popping-in warning frames in "Scrollback" group with warning buttons which show floating warning after click. The controls does not change position anymore when switching the scrollback options. Applies also to history size dialog.
- Replace scrollbar "hide"/"show on left side"/"show on right side" options with "visible" checkbox and "show on left side"/"show on right side" options enabled after checking the checkbox.
- Removed redundant group box
- Shorten "Characters considered part of a word..." label
- Replace "triple-click selects" drop-down with option buttons
- Split settings to "Text interaction" and "Miscellaneous" tabs
- Use monospace font for "Word characters" text input
More advanced settings or settings regular user don't care about.
- Replace "Show URL hints when these keys are pressed" checkboxes with toggle buttons which are easier to associate visually with hardware keys
- Move "Line spacing" to Appearance tab
- Move cursor settings to Appearance tab
- Show "Default character encoding" value directly on drop-down button