In this task we will co-ordinate activities to be carried out at the Embedded Linux Conference Europe.
When and where will it be held?
The Embedded Linux Conference Europe which will be held in Edinburgh from the 22nd to the 24th of October.
What is it?
"ELC is the premier vendor-neutral technical conference for companies and developers using Linux in embedded products. Now in its 13th year, the conference gathers user-space developers, product vendors, kernel, and systems developers to collaborate."
"Embedded" includes "Linux in Devices such as Mobile Phones, DVRs, TV, Cameras, etc".
What do we want to achieve?
- Attract new developers and contributors to Plasma, Plasma Mobile, KDE embedded technologies, and so on.
- Hopefully spark interest in companies and get more corporate backing for KDE tech in general.
How will we achieve these goals?
- @apol has submitted a talk that will explain how to use Docker to emulate different hardware architectures for development and testing purposes.
- @bshah will submit a proposal about Plasma Mobile.
... A Booth
- @jriddell would like to run the booth, with help from other attendees.
- Read T7315 to see what should be done and how to make the booth as successful as possible.
Who will attend?
- CFP Opens: Monday, November 20, 2017
- CFP Closes: Sunday, July 1, 2018
- CFP Notifications: Friday, August 10, 2018
- Schedule Announcement: Tuesday, August 14, 2018
- Slide Due Date: Monday, October 8, 2018
We now have confirmation we WILL have a booth.
Anybody else who would like to help with this, please just jump in.
We need a list of TODOs...