To increase usability,
- icon theme
- cursor theme
- toolbar style (icons-only, text below buttons etc)
- icons visibility in menus
- icons visibility on buttons
settings for gtk applications are now set in respective kcms, instead of separate gtk kcm.
Various kcms are sending signals (dbus or Qt ones) about the configuration change. Then the gtkconfig kded daemon connects to these signals and changes gtk config files to match new settings, that were set in those kcms.
D24701 is needed to notify about cursor change on Wayland.
Live reloading (on a fly) is not going to work for some settings on X11. This applies to cursor theme, it's changed by partially. To illustrate that open Nautilus File Manager, change cursor theme and try to double click folders. You will see, that "loading" cursor changed its theme, but "idle" one did not.
What is not tested:
- Toolbar style for gtk3 apps other that Geany (absence of live reloading may be a Geany bug)
- Toolbar style and icons visibility on Wayland
Depends on D24701