- Group Reviewers
- Maniphest Tasks
- T10402: Find a way to remove the Desktop Toolbox in its current form (i.e. a hamburger menu button in the corner of the screen)
T11094: Improve discoverability of widget configuration
T10190: (Re)define modes when editing panels and widgets
- R242:bbe0148db5d1: Improve panel options menu entries
Open the panel context menu.
Two things with this patch series:
- Now there's no way to lock widgets without entering panel edit mode. Feels like we might as well just get rid of unlocked mode entirely. Or are more patches coming? Did we ever come to a conclusion in T10190?
- Since this is a Frameworks change and will/would land in 5.63, we can't depend on having it for Plasma 5.17. If D23950 does not work without this frameworks change, then here are our options:
- Delay D23950 until Plasma 5.18 (maybe for the best if the final UX is not clear yet)
- Ask Frameworks packagers to re-spin plasma-framework for 5.62 to include this change once it's accepted
- Do it anyway and hope no discrete release distros decide to ship Plasma 5.17 with Frameworks 5.62 for years and years
What if we don't remove the panel toolbox yet, but only show it when the desktop toolbox is open, similar to how widget controls used to be shown when you have the desktop toolbox open?
i'm not sure i would hardcode the behavior Only show "Unlock Widgets" in the UI (hide "Lock Widgets" from the UI) i would try to go from the context menu plugin instead and not adding the action there by default (but still possible to add it)
apart from that, it looks good