- User Since
- Nov 24 2016, 9:05 AM (125 w, 2 d)
Mar 13 2019
Mar 10 2019
- do not ignore results of PostingDB::iter in case of an error/end of db
Feb 21 2019
- fix MTimeDB::get loop
- review warning fixes
Feb 9 2019
- fix ::del error logging criteria, don't return without closing cursor in
- update logging per review
is it now how it's supposed to look in the end? not really sure where .category syntax is defined
- update categories per review
- use new syntax for baloo.categories
- move new logging category to D18873: add baloo engine debugging category
- clean up rest of the asserts
Feb 3 2019
I've chosen those bugs based on backtraces I could get myself but without core dumps I can't vouch for that, even with core dumps it'd be hard to tell. Alternatively I can CCBUG and after this gets into a release, ask in those bugs people if they still experience the crash and close them if they won't get back in a month or so.
- For now, logging is the only way to know if there's something bad going on. In that case I would suggest to at least increase severity of those messages - it would increase chances users will notice it. For example, use qCCritical (but this would also require additional check for okayish/non-critical return codes, such as MDB_NOTFOUND)
These errors have good potential to flood users log files. I get around 30 megabytes of those on each boot. I'd rather see them disabled by default.
It might make sense to add a catch-all error message somewhere on higher level, that would get printed out once, but I haven't looked yet where such message could be placed.
- Looks like this patch is composed of two parts - introducing new logging category and and improving error handling. It would be also nice to split those into two separate patches.
- There are a lot of redundant Q_ASSERT_X left, which could be removed. I suggest just grep'ing over the code to catch'em all. I've started marking them here, but then I gave up - too many of them.
- There are also several unchecked return codes as well, such as inside *DB::size() calls. Those can also be found by grep'ing over Q_ASSERT_X.
I'll look into these this week.
Feb 2 2019
- unbreak documentdatadb::contains, oops :(
Dec 16 2018
Dec 9 2018
Sep 20 2018
Sep 19 2018
Sep 12 2018
Sep 11 2018
neither QWidget::adjustSize() nor QWidget::adjustedSize() seem to use devicePixelRatio (https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/src/widgets/kernel/qwidget.cpp#n8665), but I can't test that to vouch that it works on HiDPI as intended
I can land it as is but I don't really want to break kcmshell further for HiDPI users
Sep 10 2018
Sep 5 2018
Landed it on 5.1, messed up with arc so it didn't close the diff
Sep 4 2018
Backtraces are a bit inconsistent, usually it ends with malloc aborting with invalid porinter or other memory error
- fix typo
Sep 3 2018
Aug 28 2018
Aug 13 2018
Aug 12 2018
I don't know, it's frameworks after all but I guess I can land it today since it's a popular bug. Should I just land it on master since there seem to be no other branches?
Aug 8 2018
- add link to qt bug
I think it's this bug/suggestion: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-10459
Context for the size hint limitation this patch is supposed to circumvent: https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/widgets/widgets/qscrollarea.cpp.html#403
Jul 19 2018
Jul 14 2018
Jul 12 2018
Jul 6 2018
Jul 4 2018
Jun 29 2018
Jun 28 2018
Jun 27 2018
Jun 14 2018
Jun 4 2018
Jun 3 2018
Looks good, works, thanks
I have a couple of nitpicks, but otherwise it should be good, thanks!
Jun 1 2018
May 29 2018
May 21 2018
May 20 2018
@ssaxena for future patches, please configure your git to use full name in the author field
May 19 2018
English is not my first langauge, so I'll trust you on this one :v
Looks good to land, or I can land it for you
May 18 2018
May 17 2018
May 16 2018
I meant it more in terms of "not landing it right before next stable release" :v But if it's okay to land now I can land it right now
May 15 2018
We have addAccountToCache which has an argument pos, which determines if we're adding or replacing.
I've actually removed this bit, addAccountToCache now only adds accounts (either inserts at pos or appends)