- User Since
- Oct 11 2016, 10:59 AM (119 w, 2 h)
(Kirigami) Tabs seam to have kind of a strange height of 28.
Just for info, there are some pretty old HIG drafts about lists, that contain some stuff about add & remove buttons. Most of it is probably from KDE 4 times.
Wed, Jan 16
Tue, Jan 15
Mon, Jan 14
If you do not want to design for the use case "2- ~5 user shared machine", then I don't think you need any kind of user avatar row. For one user it is totally pointless and for 10+ users typing the login (with autocomplete?) is better the selecting from an endless row of avatars.
Thu, Jan 10
Wed, Jan 9
Merge request for Refactored tab content and added recommendation about size .
The HIG states: "When the visual design calls for an area of exceptional focus, a larger typeface size may be used. In this case use a Light typeface weight to keep the stroke width similar to other styles throughout the interface"
Tue, Jan 8
Thu, Jan 3
Right, but why would the tabs resize when other tabs are closed? Only Kate's tab bar does this as far as I can tell and that's the nonstandard one. The closable tabs in Konsole and Dolphin for example have a fixed size determined by the title text, and do not change their size when others are closed.
- Fixed wrong direction for PageUp / Down in tab navigation
Sat, Dec 29
- Added recommendation for Ctrl + PgUp/PgDown for tab navigation
Fri, Dec 28
Thu, Dec 27
+1 . That tabs should stay consistent in size. Because of any size changes not directly triggered by the user you prevent any kind of interaction by spatial memory.
Dec 19 2018
A Blogpost of @colomar about the design vision behind Kirigami.
Dec 18 2018
Dec 14 2018
Dec 10 2018
- Rephrase statement
- Fixed small error in code example
- Added qsTr() for all text lables
- Replaced qsTr with i18n
Dec 8 2018
Dec 7 2018
- Added code examples to menubar and toolbar
Thank you very much again, for looking into this!
Dec 4 2018
Ok, after struggling a bit, I got it running :)
Dec 3 2018
Nov 30 2018
Nov 29 2018
first, thank you very much for looking into it!!
I'll try my best to find the time to try it today or on the weekend, and report back on monday.
- Fixed typo
Nov 28 2018
I would be in favor off renaming the "Open ..." button to "Select", "Choose" or "Open Session" like it used to be. "Open ..." is kind of a well known button, where the user expects a file picker to open up, and since "Open ..." does not require any additional user actions the ellipsis is against HIG the https://hig.kde.org/style/writing/labels.html .
- Fixed wording for typography page
Nov 27 2018
Thanks for all the prove reading!
- Fixed typos in typhography
- Fixed typos and cleaned up wording in typhography
- Added code example to typhography
Nov 25 2018
Nov 14 2018
Nov 13 2018
Nothing to do, HIG pages are already up to date.
- Added sentence about user typeface settings
Nov 12 2018
Nov 7 2018
Thanks for the feedback!
- Fixed wording and spelling.
Nov 6 2018
Nov 5 2018
Nov 2 2018
- Removed no longer used image
- Fixed wording and spelling.
- Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into toolbar
- Renamed tool bar as toolbar. Removed duplicate image in toolbar page.