The idea is to use F6 and Shift+F6 in Kate for Next and Previous Search
Match (see https://phabricator.kde.org/D17443). These shortcuts are also used by QtCreator for that.
Since F6 is currently used for "Show Icon Border", here is a proposal to
- Change shortcut for "Show Icon Border" to "Ctrl+E, Ctrl+B" because it is used not that often to deserve an F key.
Why "Ctrl+E, ..."? Because Qt Creator uses it as start key combination for various functions. The alternative would be "Ctrl+D, ..." which is used by Visual Studio.
Ctrl+E is currently used for "Go to previous edit" (Ctrl+Shift+E: go to next edit). Ctrl+D is currently used to comment a line. I choose to change "Go to previous edit".
- Set new shortcut Alt+F6 and Alt+Shift+F6 for "Go to previous/next edit".
While at it, I made some additions with the newly freed Ctrl+E shortcut:
- Add Ctrl+E, Ctrl+W for "Dynamic Word Wrap" (like in Qt Creator) (the current F10 could be freed later)
- Use Ctrl+E, Ctrl+I for "Clean Indentation" which is a useful feature (which could later be extended by a more powerful code formatter)
- Use Ctrl+E, Ctrl+S for "Show non-printable spaces" (for comparison: in Qt Creator it is Ctrl+E, Ctrl+V for "Visualize Whitespace")
- Use Ctrl+E, Ctrl+L for "Show Line Numbers" (as alternative to F11 which could later be used for something else)