1) Ctrl+Shift+F for file search
Most text editors and IDEs (QtCreator, Visual Studio) have Ctrl+Shift+F to activate "Search in files".
- Remove current binding for Ctrl+Shift+F (Fullscreen)
- Bind Ctrl+Shift+F to "Search in files"
- Maybe bind Ctrl+Alt+F (currently "Search in files") to Fullscreen
2) Goal: Make F keys unbound by default (F7 and up)
- TODO: describe more details why this is good
- see also this Diff in progress: https://phabricator.kde.org/D17442
3) Free F5?
Maybe also free F5 and replace by a Ctrl+... shortcut? (todo)
F5 is often used to "Start debugging" which is probably used more often than Reload file.
Possible new Shortcut Ctrl+Shift+R is currently used by "Close current view"
Possible new Shortcut 'Ctrl+Alt+R' in Application Plasma for action Manually Invoke Action on Current Clipboard (question: is this global shortcut there needed?)
Alt+Shift+R is free but seems considerable harder to remember. Other ideas?
4) Introduce extended shortcuts
Ctrl+E,Ctrl+... - E could stand for "Editor" and it is could accessible with one hand (Visual Studio uses Ctrl+D,..., which could stand for document and is slightly better reachable but in Kate this used for "Toogle Comment)
Ctrl+E,Ctrl+W: toggle WordWarp (Side Note: Name this "Word Wrap at Window" instead of "Dynamic Word Wrap")
Maybe: CtrlShift+E,CtrlShift+W: toggle new Word Warp (the one that breaks at 80 chars, todo: Phabriator link)
5) Split Views
"Add Ctrl+Shift+P for "Previous Split View" to be consistent with the other Ctrl+Shift shortcuts of the split view feature" (https://phabricator.kde.org/D17443). The current default F8 key can be freed.
6) Introduce F6, Shift+F6, Ctrl+F6 for experimental "Next item" feature"
Idea: each module which creates a list which can be stepped through registeres itself as "Result List Provider" (better name? "Code location item List?", ...). This way these lists can be handled by the same sets of shortcuts (maybe later even with F3 which would make F6 free again)
- Find in file (should be merged into Search&Replace plugin)
- Search&Replace plugin
- Code analysis output
- Kate's 'XML Checker plugin' output which currently has its own view could be merged to the Projects Code Analysis tab (as soon as individual file processing works)
- Code navigation/ctags output (find usages)
- Compiler output (jump to next error)
- (SIDENOTE: the Build Plugin already defines shortcuts (Ctrl+Alt+Left / Right for next and previous error) and an Output Pane)
- Maybe output from custom tools from the revived External Tools plugin (e.g. the search tool rg)
F6 = Next item
Shift+F6 = Previous item
Ctrl+F6 = Select last used Result List Provider (step through the list of providers like Ctrl+Tab with popup window)