This is 2nd patch of fixes annoying side effect (D16918 was first one), yeah about me it's not a bug but it depend of driver even on display reaction time. I try to wake-up by simulating activity, but that may not enough, so delay screen brightness gives a little bit time to display to react.
mart broulik thsurrel
- Group Reviewers
- R122:c40b8ba3b66d: [dimdisplay] Waits a bit display to wake-up
What the side effect is:
- Dimm display and screen energy saving are enabled
- Let's time activation in configuration of energy saving is longer
- Unplug adapter
- Wait to dimming to set screen to 0
- If now wake-ups screen - all is good screen is not goes to sleep
- So we wait to screen saving to be activated
- Now screen sleeps, just plug adapter in makes screen to wake-up
- If dimm action sets screen brightness too early is just ignored (by driver or display who knows)
Video can't handle it. (i've think about screencast but can be recorded by a phone)
Laptop at this configuration, screen brightness < 100%, waits more that 10 min inactivity, plug-in adapter will wake-up screen with brightness at 100%, which unwanted especially at night hours.