WIndows 7 reaches end of life on January 14 2020. It will not be supported any more and not receive even security updates, being rendered to al practical effects obsolete. This may be an opportunity to convince Windows 7 users to move to a FLOSS-based system, like Plasma
- List of places to advertise in << MOST IMPORTANT TASK RIGHT NOW
- https://www.facebook.com/windows/ < Posted some comments - @paulb
- https://www.sevenforums.com/ < Posted - @niccolove
- https://windowsforum.com/#windows-7-forums.251 < Posted - @niccolove
- https://www.windowsforum.org/forum/63-windows-client-os-support/ < Posted - @niccolove
- https://www.techrepublic.com/forums/windows/ < Couldn't post (I have wasted too much time on this one, the UX is terrible, couldn't understand how to post) - @niccolove
- https://forum.thewindowsclub.com/ < Couldn't post (links not allowed by new users, could not find out a way to post it anyway) - @niccolove
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1659735497605532/ < Posted https://www.facebook.com/groups/1659735497605532/permalink/2579096195669453/
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/windowstipstricks/ < Posted comment https://www.facebook.com/groups/windowstipstricks/permalink/2841036409280537/?comment_id=2850224735028371
- https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/ < published a comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/ek2i5p/windows_7_support_will_end_on_january_14_2020/fdn378i/. Would probably want to publish a proper post
(also a few german ones:)
- Talking points
- Why "upgrade" from WIndows 7 to Plasma
- Why not upgrade to Windows 10
- Re-create a theme that looks and feels like Windows 7?
- Advice for evangelists
- Social media posts
- Messages to forums, subreddits, facebook groups, etc.
- Guerrilla market / Brigade
Although past similar events (Windows XP EOL) did not lead to a significant migration to a FLOSS-based systems, it may open the door to some. I guess what I am saying is, given the results from past , more traumatic Windows-related events, keep your expectations low.