- User Since
- Apr 15 2019, 12:43 PM (74 w, 5 d)
Sun, Sep 6
Grand Canyon: +1
Flow Dark: -2
Milky Way: -2
Rainy Morning: -1
Iridescent Shell: +2 (in its originally submitted form, even if it has a slight change of hues for its actual usage, but NOT THE V2s' oversaturation and/or over-flattening of V1)
Sat, Sep 5
I'd strongly suggest holding Milky Way from being the default wallpaper until we have a known release that brings about the official Breeze Theme Redesign.
Mon, Aug 31
So my current ideas are:
- Have the names of Virtual Desktops be more prominently shown by default (enable the name OSD, etc.)
- (maybe) have privacy settings work on a per-Virtual-Desktop basis if users really need it, otherwise make it into a general Privacy KCM
- Make desktop backgrounds be simply swapped to on a VD basis rather than Activities basis
- Get rid of the Activities switcher (just use Desktop Grid/Cube/etc. Effects)
- (maybe) Make desktop backgrounds, and the overall VD's Desktop Layout, be spanned across all monitors when there's multiple monitors.
- Have Latte have its current Activity-specific changing be VD-specific changing
- Allow 'Setting Aside' Virtual Desktops (literally the 'Shut Down Activity' feature in a shellnut but adapted to be for doing the same to Virtual Desktops instead)
- Allow for applications to start in their current workspaces if Restore Session on Startup is enabled (if not already implemented)
- When making a new Virtual Desktop, make it clone the configurations (and map Latte's current layout to also being used on that new workspace too), of the currently active Virtual Desktop, or the last Virtual Desktop in the list before that one's creation to make sure that people who don't want the Activities aspect of these Virtual Desktops aren't alienated by a Virtual Desktop they make suddenly looking like the default configuration for Plasma rather than their own customisations to Plasma
- Replace the Activities... options in Plasma with shortcuts to the appropriate Desktop Switcher effect.
Sun, Aug 30
I honestly think we should reserve Milky Way for Plasma 6 to make it a release that's 'out of this world'. ;)
Mon, Aug 24
Sun, Aug 23
Would 44px be DPI-scalable?
Aug 20 2020
Much as it sadly didn't get cameo'd in this task until now, my suggestion would be to take THE ORIGINAL version of Iridescent Shell, aka this: https://postimg.cc/8JgGKw5T
Aug 2 2020
Here's my idea for how it could work:
ICON is a placeholder for the icon size in the applet. Also the same size as the general widget contents (icon, text, etc.) in the panel would be.
Silver ICON: Same as ICON, but for unhighlighted items to convey the icon size on those as well as on highlighted items
Dark Grey: Highlighted Widget/Item
White: Unhighlighted Widget/Item
Jul 31 2020
If this also gets integrated into Kirigami as well, that'd be even better.
Jul 28 2020
TBH, I currently vote for Ocean, but, here's my take on things:
Jul 14 2020
Jun 12 2020
Definitely please do continue with this patch, and maybe link to it on invent in here.
May 20 2020
May 13 2020
May 2 2020
I'd rather not lose our Plasma theming, but apparently it might be possible to conditionally load either a Plasma or QtQuick style from the same component set.
Apr 27 2020
I personally like the changes made, based on the screenshots, though TBH the buttons should probably be 1px higher or something... they seem a little too short to me.
Apr 20 2020
Apr 15 2020
Any update on the status of this?
Apr 12 2020
Random thought about the View Button for a potential future patch if necessary: Couldn't the single view button just not be click-dragged from the single view button to the view mode in the resulting menu that the user wants in order to keep the same amount of clicks as having them separated?
Apr 9 2020
Small idea for how I think implementing panel customisation in standard Global Edit Mode could go:
- Keep it as it is, but...
- No matter if Panel's Edit Mode popup is visible or not still have the whole panel Plasmoids movement addition that currently entering Panel Edit Mode gives you be accessible by simply editing Global Edit Mode and then only cease once Global Edit Mode is exited, rather than relying on the visibility of the Panel Edit Mode popup to do so (in other words make the state of the panel when the Panel Edit Mode popup is visible be the state the panels are always in when in Global Edit Mode, sans the Panel Edit Mode popup itself)
- Also keep the current toolbox on the right visible (when in G.E.M.) to enter the 'Advanced Panel Edit Mode' popup of that respective panel, just like how it's currently implemented
Apr 2 2020
How about instead of a blue dot there's instead an option in the SySe hamburger button menu to use search to filter out any settings pages where settings haven't been changed, meaning that only settings with changes made to them are then listed in the search results?
Mar 31 2020
IMHO this is wholly pointless a change, currently. Most people won't care about if they've made changes or not in SySe from the defaults, and quite frankly seeing that indicator on the sidebar would potentially even deter user customisation if not utterly confuse people. If it was an optional setting in settings to show these changed settings indicators on the sidebar (such as a checkbox item in the SySe menu) that you could turn off by default, I wouldn't mind this at all.
Mar 27 2020
I know I'm late in saying this but BTW elementary OS uses circles on checkboxes IIRC.
In my honest opinion, it'd probably be good to also get rid of Breeze Light in a separate patch because as I see it right now Breeze will make Breeze Light redundant by default post-this-patch since they'll both be Breeze Light in a sense. It just seems redundant to me to be honest having Breeze Light next to Breeze... Light... by default.
Mar 25 2020
Mar 21 2020
I'm not really sure about having that icon, that's shown as 'Home' icon in the demo video, on the left of the URL when it's inside the toolbar, but otherwise this looks great visually on first impressions.
Mar 20 2020
For the lack of text on Full Name, is there any chance some hint text could appear in the full name text box when the textbox value is empty saying something along the lines of "Full Name" or something?
While we're at it, it'd be good to finally have one text size for the panel overall. That includes the font size for Digital Clock (all modes), Task Manager, etc. (only the parts of those applets that have text on the panel itself)
Mar 19 2020
Mar 14 2020
Not gonna lie I prefer the last picture over the second last, but these dialog designs definitely look great.
Mar 8 2020
One more diff tweak to make it normal-er.
Rebased on master
Mar 5 2020
Some more things that may or may not have already been mentioned, given that some of us are considering the idea of moving the hotcorner to the bottom since it'd get in the way of the panel up top:
- Bottom-right hotcorner: Gets in the way of scrollbars...? (also mouse resting area)
- Bottom-left hotcorner: Gets in the way of Show Desktop (and the Panel Toolbox in Global Edit Mode)
- Bottom-center hotcorner: You'd, er, have to implement that first.
Mar 4 2020
There is currently an issue that might make this change cumbersome, unless it was fixed very recently as part of the patch work for this, being that preferred://browser causes duplicated entries for stuff like Vivaldi, etc (they'll be separate from the preferred:// pins meaning the preferred:// item basically acts as a quick launcher which is far from what is intended). Similar problem with preferred://filemanager. I would've used those instead of hard pins to vivaldi.desktop and org.kde.dolphin.desktop by default in Feren OS if it wasn't for that aforementioned issue being there.
Mar 1 2020
The main point of this patch is the spacing increase between tray icons that this hitbox size increase gives, which makes the tray look less cramped as a result.
Feb 29 2020
Went to check on different DPIs again to be sure it's fine and it definitely looks fine to me, scaling up the hitbox padding additions (and therefore the icon spacing) in sync with the DPI scaling very nicely, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Feb 18 2020
Moved baseSize declaration and changed it to a standard variable
You gotta love arc/git sometimes...
Hopefully fixed the diff again
Updated diff to be in line with parent patch
Tidied up code a bit and introduced new baseSize variable - Slightly increase system tray icon hitboxes in Non Tablet Mode Plasma
Feb 17 2020
...and now the split is complete.
Got rid of unnecessary rounding of smallSpacing at the end of the Tablet Mode padding addition
Make the click areas of system tray icons larger in Kirigami Tablet Mode
The initial patch of the three, now I've thought up a suitable way of doing this, has been made:
Actually, on second thought, @ngraham I'm not even sure if step 2 would even be worth it on its own, if possible.
Alright, I'll start splitting the patches up now. Marking this one as Abandoned.
@ngraham How would I split it into two patches? Both patches would edit the exact same line.
Had to lower the cmake version requirement to be able to compile this, but this works just fine, and it's definitely something that'd be nice to have. I can't see any regressions nor leaks, either on this current patch version.
Tweaked an added comment
Changed method used for increasing spacing between tray icons to something that increases hitbox sizes as well
Feb 16 2020
One more patch update to keep the change consistent with the rest of the code
Fair point, just checked that now and they're indeed the same. Got confused with 0.65 as 0.65 looks different to 0.5.
Went to 0.5, because 0.6 indeed looks just like 0.5 in execution
Changed value to Math.round(units.smallSpacing * 0.7)
Nevermind, then, I guess something changed between now and Plasma 5.18.1 master code meaning that no longer works, back to the old method...
Managed to come to a good compromise, however now I've hit a bit of a roadblock.
After a bit more digging around the code, I found another alternative way to do this which also fixes a bug I just noticed with this patch (there's clicking deadzones in-between the tray icons), however the method for doing it causes this spacing: