Krita release task
Feature freeze 3rd of April (NOW)
String freeze: 1st of May.
Alpha tagging: 5th of May.
Beta tagging: 12th of May
Release: Final week of May.
These all needs to be tested during alpha/beta/release candidate stage, and closed upon release:
Ref this task when you fix a bug, so that we can make a list here :)
Main release TODO :
- Coordinate with #kde-promo
- Notify translators of string freeze!
- Create release announcement and schedule it for the release data
- Write release notes. This is a big release, so the big release notes are stored at https://krita.org/en/krita-4-2-release-notes/
- !! REMOVE THE SURVEY LINK !!
- update 3rdparty dependencies to the latest versions
- update the version of krita.xmlgui
- update the CMakeLists.txt version
- update the appstream file
- update the snapcraft.yaml file
- Update the appstream screenshots
- update org.kde.krita.appdata.xml 's release tag
- make a v4.2.0 tag (git tag -a vX.Y.Z -m "krita x.y.z" )
- push the tag ( git push origin --tags)
- update create_tarball_kf5's config.ini to use the new tag
- run create_tarball_kf5.rb (./createtarball/create_tarball_kf5.rb -n -a krita)
- sign the tarball (gpg --output krita-x.y.z.tar.gz.sig --detach-sign krita-x.y.z.tar.gz)
- upload the tarball and signature
- Start the binary builds for Windows and Linux appimage (https://phabricator.kde.org/T8231)
- Start the Mac build
- mail KDE release coordination <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Send release notes for future Krita versions to email@example.com.
- create bugzilla version
- Warn kde sysadmins that we're going to release and that krita.org is going to take load
- Create md5sum file
We will mention when packages are done via IRC. You can help us by checking if the package works on your system, and does the following right:
- Krita starts
- Localization works
- Basic painting and most recently fixed bugs are fixed
- AppImage x64
- Notify Krita Lime
- ZIP64 + DBG
- installer x64
- Update Microsoft store.
- Ask Emmet to update Steam store
- DMG package
Packages for this release can be found at: https://download.kde.org/unstable/krita/4.2.0/
- Update Kiki page
- Update press pack and page
- Verify if manual pages are updated, if not annoy @woltherav and add undocumented features to Krita: Manual
- Notify people that they can start making release demonstrations.
- Update download page
- Update IRC topic
- tumblr (wolthera)
- BlenderArtists (wolthera)
- deviantart (wolthera)
- VK (dmitry)
- blendernation (boud)
- twitter (boud)
- facebook (boud)
- 3dpro (boud)
- reddit (raghukamath)
If you have completed a task, add a comment.
If you have anything else to add, add a comment as well! Putting all the comments about a given release into a single task is much easier on the bookkeeping!