[applets/systemtray] Set pin button's size correctly
AcceptedPublic

Authored by ngraham on Sat, Feb 8, 9:33 PM.

Details

Reviewers
ndavis
Group Reviewers
Plasma

Diff Detail

Repository
R120 Plasma Workspace
Branch
fix-pin-button (branched from master)
Lint
No Linters Available
Unit
No Unit Test Coverage
Build Status
Buildable 22253
Build 22271: arc lint + arc unit
ngraham created this revision.Sat, Feb 8, 9:33 PM
Restricted Application added a project: Plasma. · View Herald TranscriptSat, Feb 8, 9:33 PM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: plasma-devel. · View Herald Transcript
ngraham requested review of this revision.Sat, Feb 8, 9:33 PM
ndavis accepted this revision.Sun, Feb 9, 9:10 AM
This revision is now accepted and ready to land.Sun, Feb 9, 9:10 AM

workspace changes required as a result of a frameworks change raises questions

What happens to users of Plasma 5.17 with the D27221 applied and not this?

Hmm, good point. Should we not fix the bug in the PC3 toolbutton? How should we proceed?

ngraham added a subscriber: mart.Fri, Feb 14, 2:16 PM

@mart, @davidedmundson

So the PC3 ToolButton change just went in anyway via D27396. So we now need to fix this somehow or else it'll be mega broken looking. If we fix it by landing this patch on master, here's how it will look for people who get the frameworks change but have to wait 4 months until the next major Plasma version:

If we land this on the stable branch, here's how it will look for people who get the Plasma change but never get the Frameworks change:

It still sounds like you're saying "we've just made a breaking change in frameworks "

FWIW, Plasma 5.17 uses PC2, so I have no real objections to this patch in the context of this patch. I'm only questioning if that frameworks change is safe, given if it is causing changes elsewhere

It still sounds like you're saying "we've just made a breaking change in frameworks "

I mean... yeah. :/ It's kind of a lousy situation since the Frameworks change fixed a bug, but regressed this code since we were doing it wrong here in a way that isn't compatible with the correct implementation.