drax has mounts set up that are not being provisioned by the pangea kitchen. they need to be provisioned by a cookbook or something.
- merge the two mount blocks into one with action list [:enable, :mount] to both add it to the fstab and enable it in one go.
- address the device by-id /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-0DO_Volume_volume-neon-jenkins instead of device enumeration, addressing it as sdX is super unreliable as sdX can be literally anything if one were to add more volumes
- missing set up for /mnt/volume-neon-jenkins/workspace on /var/lib/jenkins/workspace type none (rw,bind)
- missing directory creation for mount resulting in error when cooking from scratch ==> default: Mount point /mnt/volume-neon-jenkins does not exist
(it's interesting how /dev/sda is a partition on that volume...)
- doesn't format the disk if it is unformatted
- probably should just mount as jenkins? otherwise jenkins has a hard time creating stuff on its own ultimately meaning that everything we ever want to put in there needs to have the cookbook adjusted to do so
Does it? Does it really?
[Mittwoch, 8. März 2017] [16:59:48 CET] <Riddell> sitter: further errors https://paste.kde.org/pt9zhwlhd [Mittwoch, 8. März 2017] [17:00:11 CET] <sitter> Riddell: well those are in the cookbook [Mittwoch, 8. März 2017] [17:00:26 CET] <sitter> ==> default: [execute] /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-0DO_Volume_volume-neon-jenkins is not a block special device. [Mittwoch, 8. März 2017] [17:00:26 CET] <sitter> ==> default: Proceed anyway? (y,n) [Mittwoch, 8. März 2017] [17:01:12 CET] <sitter> to quote myself "(it's interesting how /dev/sda is a partition on that volume...)" [Mittwoch, 8. März 2017] [17:01:45 CET] <sitter> Riddell: probably needs some force flag or something
I don't know about mounting as a user, I don't see support for it in https://docs.chef.io/resource_mount.html, seems fine to have a directory owned by the user
options Ruby Types: Array, String An array or string that contains mount options. If this value is a string, it is converted to an array. Default value: defaults.
DO's own instructions also tell us to mount with discard
# Create a mount point under /mnt $ sudo mkdir -p /mnt/volume-neon-jenkins # Mount the volume $ sudo mount -o discard,defaults /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-0DO_Volume_volume-neon-jenkins /mnt/volume-neon-jenkins # Change fstab so the volume will be mounted after a reboot $ echo '/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-0DO_Volume_volume-neon-jenkins /mnt/volume-neon-jenkins ext4 defaults,nofail,discard 0 0' | sudo tee -a /etc/fstab
sorry your pastebin got deleted
running Vagrant up now I get