In this task we will co-ordinate activities to be carried out at the OpenExpo Europe 2019. This is work in progress. Some sections are not filled out yet. Submit your ideas can suggestions in the comments.
When and where will it be held?
What is it?
"OpenExpo Europe is the main professional Fair and Congress about Open Source, Free Software and Open World Economy (Open Data and Open Innovation) in Europe."
According to the organisers. This event is geared towards businesses in the IT sector. Most attendees are currently Spanish, but the international crowd is growing.
What do we want to achieve?
- Contribute to help increase the number of software companies that use KDE frameworks as the basis for their UI-based applications.
- Contribute to acquiring more sponsors
- Contribute to making KDE a household name be trying to make KDE, Plasma and some of KDE's more popular applications recognisable
- Help KDE become recognised as a provider of quality software and improve consumers' and businesses' awareness and positive perception of KDE products.
- Helping get manufacturers preinstall KDE software on devices
How will we achieve these goals?
@broulik wants to deliver a talk on Plasma/PlaMo which is in sync with the theme of the booth. This would be good to push traffic to the booth and reinforce the message to companies that KDE is good for business. At the moment he is in the voting stage, so anybody who is reading this (and has a Facebook account), please vote for him.
... A Booth
Who will attend?
We will have a booth. Details coming soon.
- Staff (@paulb + someone else)
- Big monitor
- Raspberry Pi
- Cables, chargers
Anybody else who would like to help with this, please just jump in.
We need a list of TODOs...