The list of press contacts that appear on each announcement page (example) contains some contacts that don't seem to be very active in Promo any more.
We need to make sure those names, addresses, and phone numbers are up to date and that enquiries from journalists are discussed and answered on message.
Updating the Contact List
- Get in touch with the current contacts
- Email contacts Pradeepto, Jeff, AJ, and Hamish
- Ask if they want to still be appear as contacts
Received no answers, except from @sandroandrade and @sebas , who both agree that the detailed info on the templates is not worth it at the moment (see below). We also invited the other four contacts to join the Promo Telegram and ITC channels and, as far as I know, they have not done so. This would indicate we can remove their details without offending them.
- Modify template accordingly
- Include generic address for geographic regions which are not covered (?)
"its currently configured to only notify at 0800Z, as the volume of spam to genuine is so low ben set it to that but could be changed"
Fielding Requests for Information
- Subscribe members of PR subgroup to kde-pr mailing list (see T8258)
- Invite contacts on template to participate in Promo
It will make sense in the future have personalised contacts, when we manage to drum up enough interest in KDE in the main stream media. When we receive a voluminous number of enquiries. it will make sense to assign a person to each geographical region to handle each enquiry.