If a user downloads a broken theme using "Get Hot New Stuff", it will break the Alt+Tab popup until the user selects a working theme and restarts KWin (eg: relog).
So we need to cleanup the "KWin Switching Layouts" category to avoid a user installing a broken theme. I recently tested every theme for another bug, and noticed the following themes are importing org.kde.kwin 0.1 which is probably a KWin 4 import as KWin 5 uses org.kde.kwin 2.0.
- https://store.kde.org/p/1112559 Window Wall
- https://store.kde.org/p/1112555 present windows clone with a background
- https://store.kde.org/p/1112556 Informative with thumbnail
- https://store.kde.org/p/1112558 Present Windows Clone
- https://store.kde.org/p/1112560 Scaling Switcher
The next theme is broken in newer versions of KWin 5. I'm not sure if it was designed for KWin 4, or very early versions of KWin 5. In any case, it does not currently work.
- https://store.kde.org/p/1112557 Black Icons
After the cleanup is done, we should be left with 3 working themes: