Hardcode utf-8 as filesystem encoding with Python2 to help api.kde.org
ClosedPublic

Authored by kossebau on Tue, Jan 14, 12:48 PM.

Diff Detail

Repository
R264 KApiDox
Lint
Automatic diff as part of commit; lint not applicable.
Unit
Automatic diff as part of commit; unit tests not applicable.
kossebau created this revision.Tue, Jan 14, 12:48 PM
Restricted Application added projects: Frameworks, Documentation. · View Herald TranscriptTue, Jan 14, 12:48 PM
Restricted Application added subscribers: kde-doc-english, kde-frameworks-devel. · View Herald Transcript
kossebau requested review of this revision.Tue, Jan 14, 12:48 PM

D22836 was tried before to fix this, but later it was found this still did not work on api.kde.org. At that time I had added some local patches on api.kde.org itself, but not getting further at one point forgot about things sadly.

That remaining patch then resulted in blocking any git pull updates as we found now (cmp, D25632#593787)

Given Python2 is EOL and to keep api.kde.org working, IMHO this hardcoding should be fine. I have no other idea how to fix this, and putting this hack upstream allows to keep api.kde.org clean from local patches.

kossebau updated this revision to Diff 73518.Tue, Jan 14, 12:55 PM

fix comment locale -> filesystem encoding

This revision was not accepted when it landed; it landed in state Needs Review.Fri, Jan 17, 1:10 PM
This revision was automatically updated to reflect the committed changes.