- KWin watches decoration palette changes on its own.
- When Plasma changes its colorscheme it will send new background contrast information to KWin anyway.
- plasma-integration listens to color scheme changes and updates the QApplication palette,
- Group Reviewers
- R119:bf434825f4bf: [Colors KCM] Don't explicitly reload KWin's configuration
This code has been in there for over a decade, likely having been neccessary before KDecoration2 was around?
Changed color scheme:
- No longer have KWin re-initalize its compositor, the overall color scheme change feels a lot less jarring now
- Decoration color updates immediately
- Context menu on decoration updates immediately
- Tabbox stuff updates immediately (plasma theme)
- The panel flickers funnily during the change but that might have just previously been covered by the fact that KWin drops some frames while reinitializing the compositor?