With this changes, maxima backend don't show source latex code for entries while they are build.
@asemke, I start doubt: Latex building takes a noticeable time for the person, so people can be confused, when all entries already executed and output still missing. Maybe, we should add new state for entries, something like "Output generating", by analogy with "Calculating". But I not sure, it maybe gives more cohesion between expressions, results and backends code and it's not good.
why do we need these connects here at all? The rendering is blocking the GUI anyway if I see it correctly. Why not to simply call renderer->render() and then process the result in the same function? With this we can also create LatexRenderer on the stack, no need for new and deleteLater().
Ideally the rendering of the result shouldn't be blocking. Do you see what is blocking here?
why this delete here?
In case we really need the renderer in that function, you can use forward declaration here.
I'm not sure here, neither. This additional status, something like "Rendering" or "Writing output", can be annoying for small outputs since we change the message in the status bar for no real reasons - the part we spend in the rendering is negligible small. For bigger outputs the user will usually want to not to show any output at all. So, we only have problems if the user really asks to show a big output. For these cases let's stay maybe with one singly state "Calculating" for a moment. Let's decide later how to improve here when other bugs are fixed in Cantor.
Renderer use latex with KProcess, so while latex works, we can do something else. For this reason, we use signal and slots with LatexRenderer, as I see, there isn't GUI blocking here.
Because result ptr never used, exept of this function, so remove it for avoiding memory leacks.
Well, as I see, while we set result of LaTeX renderer, GUI blocks, so, for example, if we enable autoevaluating and run 5 entries, GUI will block for few seconds. Considering this, maybe, will simpler to create LatexRenderer on stack and don't work with slots and signals, execute all needed operations in one function. Now, this commit will be landed, but maybe this code should be refactored according this suggestion later.