There have been different forum posts and questions coming up with ways to organize and customize the toolbox. People often times talk in solutions without actually stating their problem, but I think these are the two situations people want to improve:
# The toolbox take too much space on smaller screen sizes which robs people of more working room. Some tablets even have less space because people use bigger buttons to allow for touching (like the Surface Pro and its 10.1 inch size).
# Some people only want to see the few tools that they use instead of having to look through all of them
# Are there any other reasons why people want to change the toolbox?
**Some Suggested solutions**
Some things people have suggested from IRC, forums, and bugzilla (https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=396226) that could help with this situation.
- Option to show/hide each tool (shown in wireframe below)
- Potentially condensing some tools so there are less of them
- grouping options to put multiple tools in one area like other applications
- Do nothing. Are we getting enough complaints and people wanting this to even bother? If it is a small minority, might not be worth the time
- any other solutions to these problems?