May 22 2019
May 8 2019
May 6 2019
May 2 2019
May 1 2019
I've created a short link for the brochure pdf https://go.kde.org/u/SponsorAkademy2019
Apr 30 2019
Looks good to me now
Looking better, a few more things
Ok everyone, here is a new version. I used the recommended text provided by Paul and applied the latest changes requested by Kenny. Please review. @paulb if new changes are required, we will need the Scribus version you're working on instead of the version I am working with. My version is just temporary to get the brochure out faster.
Some more observation from the last PDF
@abetts there is a new version of the text in Promo Team Resources/Akademy/2019/Sponsors/Brochure/. It is called Promo akademy-sponsorship-brochure-2019_AB_PB_ID_KD.odt. It is very similar to the other one, but has @duffus 's corrections.
I've merged changes of text in the odt and it is now having another check over
Apr 29 2019
I used the text I received from Paul.
The page 9 media issues should just be removed from the brochure and remove fair trade from coffee breaks
April 29th Version
- page 1 use English: Milano > Milan
- page 2: url should have 2019 at end?
- page 2: url should be https to look more professional
- page 2: url doesn't work when clicking for me?
- page 3 column 1 paragraph 3 line 5: Sources > Source
- page 3 column 1 paragraph 3 line 5: on > in
- page 3 column 2 paragraph 1 line 3: why is this specifying just games & utilities rather than most programs? (Not sure what it should be here. Let's ping Promo!
- page 3 column 2 paragraph 2 line 1: will allow > allows (it actually was missing a "to". It was referencing Kirigami as "it".
- page 3 column 2 paragraph 4: url isn't clickable
- page 4 column 2 not top aligned with column 1
- page 4 column 1 paragraph 2: ruphy previously pointed out population should be 1.5M
- page 4 column 1 paragraph 3: should probably be changed similar to the dot story? (Let's ping Promo)
- page 4 column 1 paragraph 4: as previously suggested should we not mention Redhat as well as SUSE? (Let's ping Promo)
- page 4 column 1 paragraph 4: should we also be listing any of the potential Local Sponsors from a tactical point of view? (Let's ping Promo)
- page 4 column 2 paragraph 2: university > University
- page 4 column 2 paragraph 2: its also accessible by tram and train, maybe just say public transport? (I agree)
- page 5 should the bottom of the columns be aligned? (I was able to, at least, make the second column look longer than the first)
- page 5 column 2 line 2: an > and
- page 8 column 1 line 1: should the first KDE e.V. really have also a second . for the end of sentence? I've never seen that before (You're right, https://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/periods.asp)
- page 8 item 3 line 2 & line 5: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 8 item 6 line 1: organizer > Organizer
- page 8 item 6 line 2: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 8 item 8 line 5: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 8 item 8 line 5: conference > Akademy
- page 8 item 10 line 1: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 8 item 12 line 5: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 9 benefits table, "Network event with KDE Board": KDE > KDE e.V.
- page 9 benefits table, "Logo on badge insert with conference schedule" should be below "Logo on front face of conference badge or lanyard"
- page 9 benefits table, "* Lanyard option is first come, first serve": serve > served
- page 9 benefits table, "* Lanyard option is first come, first serve": add "at Sponsors cost"
- page 9 email: Akademyfirstname.lastname@example.org > email@example.com
- page 9 Media partners: we don't have a conference programme (What should be the action here?)
- page 9 We haven't had a press room for a few years? (What should be the action here?)
- page 9 Additional Opportunities: are we actually able to offer Fair Trade coffee? (What should be the action here?)
- page 9 Additional Opportunities: cocktails > Social Event
- page 10 use English: Milano > Milan
- page 10: the form doesn't seem to work? (Should it work if all people just seem to scan the form and send back?)
- page 10: every year sponsors always just scan and email the form to us so we should probably just list firstname.lastname@example.org there as well
- page 10: alignment of "Please review the terms and conditions on the previous page before completing this form." looks strange as its is aligned with the header, which nothing else is
- page 10: address is old
I am curious to know where the texts for this version of the brochure came from. Page 3, for example, does not show the text @skadinna and I updated and shared on Share and it contains errors that are not in last year's brochure.
Some errors found while proof reading:
Apr 27 2019
I only see a link to a PDF from Monday?
We also need text for the equivalent of https://akademy.kde.org/2018/sponsoring for 2019
Where is the current rendered PDF and I can stick it in the right place on the akademy website?
Apr 26 2019
Including @abetts reply by e-mail.
Are we happy with the latest pdf? Is it something we can get under akademy.kde.org?
Apr 25 2019
Yeah. I am tied up in the annual report right now, but as soon as I get through that, sure. I'd enjoy the challenge, too.
Don't worry, @abetts. I am serious when I say the brochure is beautiful. The best yet and will be the yardstick for years to come.
Apr 24 2019
As Paul says that is why we always do it in scribus
I have looked over the brochure and it is beautiful. Congratulations.