DO NOT USE THIS TEMPLATE IT IS STILL WORK IN PROGRESS
[Rick Timmis] -> Awaiting KC Approval
This role specification sets out the main areas of responsibility together with some of the qualities which are important to success in the role.
<Provide a summary of what the role involves, the tasks that are likely to be undertaken, the personal attributes that will assist in being successful in this role. Below are some examples>
- Able to present as the technical authority on the Kubuntu product, development tool chain and methodologies.
- A positive, proactive, can-do attitude, with good people and communications skills, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Responsible for agreed deliverables and schedules, organising and prioritising department workload appropriately, providing effective delegation and reporting risks and exceptions to the project manager, and wider management team as appropriate.
- Manage agile scrum development methodologies, including, sprints and backlog management.
- Responsible for written code and documentation is delivered to agreed standards. Oversee the continuous integration and testing of code, and will be responsible for ensuring the integration of both ( code and tests ) within our continuous integration system.
- Responsible for driving and delivery of software release management
Your work will involve developing new, and maintaining existing software systems.
• Managing internal delivery of development resource. • Leadership, decision making in regard to technical software engineering. • Software, Systems release and update management. • Mentoring and supporting the personnel requirements of the development team. • Evaluation and implementation of new technologies. • Recruitment of suitable team members • Daily management of team and individuals. • Organising provision of training and skill requirements. • Personal development of team members.
• RPM Red Hat Package management • Development on Debian based GNU/Linux Systems • Frameworks Django, Code Igniter, Phalcon • Networking including WiFi • Digital Electronics & Radio Communications
Objectives and responsibilities
• Take clear ownership, and responsibility for the development department and its delivery to the wider business. • Responsible for assigned technical analysis, design and development tasks, ensuring consistently high quality deliverables. • Manage bugs, features and 3rd line support issues ensuring all are logged and responded to within Department Output Boundaries. • Responsible for providing third line support cover as required to the service support team. • Communicate updates regularly, clearly and promptly whether by phone, email or call tracking software. • Ensuring that department activities are recorded within the business resource systems, CRM / ERP as they occur, or at a minimum daily. • Manage delivery quality, including engaging early with Tests, Code review, Unit testing, Integration testing, and other agreed processes to ensure first time high quality deliverables. • Contribute to the strategy and growth of the team through forums/team meetings and actively suggesting improvements, training and new technologies.