Most important of any successful patreon - Being open on where and what the funds are being used on.
We would need a spreadsheet where ANYONE can view but only admins/KC can edit to add or remove items
Prime examples of it done right:
Areas where funds would go:
- Travel (akademy, other conferences)
- Hardware (Computers for testing((ex. 4K displays)) or developing on)
- Services (Hosting, Domain costs, storage)
Reasons for people to donate monthly:
- Access to development meetings
- Pay developers to go from part-time to full-time (and not have to worry about income) = happy developer
- Receive a special gift (tshirt, coffee mug, hat, hoodie) when you give a certain amount (one time)
- Community Sponsor page
Paypal I believe would be the preferred method of getting the money.
Paypal account needs at least two owners incase of the 'getting hit by a bus' rule. With Paypal you can send money overseas with no real issue so the two owners could both be in the US or International.