This was about replacing the old monolithic scripts in KA with various commands which would be designed in a UNIX-like fashion "just do one thing and do it well".
- Initial discussions about the new KA design: https://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2015/10/19/%23kubuntu-devel.html#t11:35
- Initial proposed design - this design wasn't implemented exactly as described there, however it was a good starting point.
- The actual design/usage of the current KA is documented here: https://git.launchpad.net/ka/tree/README.ng
- The current KA's UNIX-like split commands (git-clone-all/do-all/gbp-* ...) started to be used in the standard Kubuntu packagers workflow when we were finishing the Yakkety release cycle.
- WIP documentation: https://phabricator.kde.org/w/kubuntu/kubuntu-automation/