This is about improving and documenting Santa's 'tritemio' private infrastructure so other developers could replicate its installation and use it for home-made test rebuilds. This would be useful for packaging and Kubuntu Automation maintenance. It could be also used for the new CI, see the Operation Mechanical Octopus
There is a WIP setup guide maintained here:
It's written in LaTeX.
There is also a WIP git repository with most of the needed configuration files and scripts to follow the steps explained in the guide:
- Import the build status page of tritemio in KA's git.
- Create a Launchpad Team/Project to handle the custom packages needed
- Project: https://launchpad.net/tritemio
- Team: https://launchpad.net/~tritemio-maintainers
- Git repositories: https://code.launchpad.net/~tritemio-maintainers/+git
- Various chapters of the setup guide, explaining how to setup the LXD containers and reprepro.
- Check the status of the wannabuild triggers
- Check the status of the chroot creation scripts
Use the KABuildLogParser class in tritemio-build-status(this would be done as part of the Iron Hand)
- Make configurable for 'tritemio-build-status':
- Host name providing the Wannabuild PostgreSQL database
- Port for the Wannabuild PostgreSQL database
- User name for the Wannabuild PostgreSQL database
- Database name for the Wannabuild PostgreSQL database
- Password (if any) for the Wannabuild PostgreSQL database
- Local path where the build logs are stored
Architecture set; default = amd64, i386
- Create a new script 'tritemio-remove' to clean up old packages from reprepro
- Create a new 'gbp-tritemio' script, similar to 'gbp-ppa', but this one would retrieve the latest package revision from the Wannabuild PostgreSQL database configured above.
- Finish the last part of the setup guide.
- Create a new script 'tritemio-clean-logs' to remove old unused logs.