One of the things we discussed and agreed was a good idea during the Promo Sprint 2018 was that of divvying Promo contributors into subgroups.
These groups would not be exclusionary, but would tell us who our first choice would be for tasks regarding content creation, research, dissemination of news on social media, etc. This would also give us somewhere to start when assigning privileges to shared folders on KDE's NextCloud.
During the sprint we came up with the following subgroups:
* **Pen-pushing writers / editors / proofreaders** - It is pretty obvious what these people would do. For the time being, I am putting myself (@paulb) and @skadinna into this group.
* **Video creators / editors** - This one should also be obvious. For me, obvious candidates would be @Lucas and Michael (is Michael on here? I cannot find his nick). I would also humbly like to submit myself to this group. [Here](https://quickfix.es/2015/12/the-video-editing-challenge-part-i-kdenlive/) [are](https://quickfix.es/2016/01/the-video-editing-challenge-part-ii-natron/) [my](https://quickfix.es/2016/01/the-video-editing-challenge-part-iii-blender/) [technical](http://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/2018/209/Gobbling-Up/(language)/eng-US) [credentials](http://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/2018/207/Tutorials-FFmpeg-Devices/(language)/eng-US) for wanting in.
* **Asset procurers and curators** - These are the people who create or find graphics, videos, sounds, texts that can be re-used in other works, like for illustrating articles. They must also know how to identify a free (as in freedom) versus a proprietary asset and restricted.
* **Market researchers** - people who can identify what information we need to gather from the marketplace, how to collect it, how to interpret it, and then advise on plans based on the conclusions they have drawn from the data.
* **Public Relations experts** - people who can mediate between KDE as a community and external entities and individuals, helping both parties work together. Interesting skills would be being able to know how to write an interesting press releases and similar businessy texts, as well as negotiation skills to be able to woo companies, journalists, speakers, and things like that.
* **Social Media Brigadiers** - team members that spread news beyond our social media, reposting to related, forums, subreddits, Facebook groups, G+ communities, etc. They must also seek other sites we can post to and identify which posts should go to which outlet depending on the appropriateness of the topic of the post. They must also be capable of re-wording each message for each context it is going to be posted in.
* **Liaisons** - people who can talk with other groups within KDE, i.e. with developers, the graphics group, etc., who can encourage them to give us stuff we need to do our job.
* **Recruiters** - people who look for and recruit individuals or projects that would be valuable members of the KDE community.
If you think there should be more subgroups, suggest them in the comments below. We can also expand the list at later date.
**But the main thing is that we would appreciate you assigning yourself to at least one of the groups. Use the comments below to pick one.**
|Writing |Video |Assets |Market |PR |Brigading |Liaisons | Recruiters |
|@skadinna |@michaeltunnell |@michaeltunnell ? (for video/audio assets?) |@skadinna |@sebas ? |@paulb |@hein ? (liaison to developers?) |@tcanabrava ? |
|@paulb |@Lucas |@jensreuterberg ? (art?) |@paulb |@paulb |@skadinna |@tcanabrava ? (liaison to developers?)| @James |
| @IlyaBizyaev | @davidc |@Lucas | |@IlyaBizyaev |@repinc ? |@bshah ? (liaison to developers?) | @ngraham |
|@davidc | @paulb | | |@davidc | @James |@ngraham (liaison to developers, designers, bug triagers, new contributors) | |
| | | | | | @davidc |@duffus (liaison to Akademy) | |
Question marked are guesses. State your preferences in the comments.