The days that Wayland was considered an experimental technology are mostly behind us. Gnome has an identical user experience on wayland compared to X. Fedora and RHL have already changed to a wayland session by default. The benefits we all know them. Security, tear free graphics....
We should implement what functionality is missing and fix the rest of the serious bugs that stops Wayland from being a good user experience not just a functional one. Make Wayland stand on its own.
**What it will take**
- Fix major breakage that still occurs
- Implement missing funtionality
- Make SDDM run in Wayland
- Start and stop X in every session dynamically based on necessity
**How we know we succeeded**
- More people choosing Wayland, more bug reports for it
- Wayland session is the recommended Default
- X server doesn't have to be installed to run pure Plasma with core applications
**I am willing to put work into this**
- @fbampaloukas (testing, discussing)
**I am interested**
- Nate Graham (@ngraham)
- Méven Car (@meven)