Krita 4.0 main release task
* ~~4.0 PRE-ALPHA~~: Check https://download.kde.org/unstable/krita/4.0.0-prealpha/ for the packages!
* 4.0 BETA: 11-01-2018
* 4.0 RC:
* 4.0 final: 22-03-2018
These all needs to be tested during alpha/beta/release candidate stage, and closed upon release:
* T1005 - Overhaul the vector system
* T1004 - Recreate the text tool (in progress still)
* T1625 - Python Scripting.
* T1615 - SVG import/export (unfinised, needs exporter written)
* T112 - Improve palette docker.
* T208 - Increase maximum brush size to 3k.
* T3050 - Refactor saving and loading
* isometric grid.
* T6627 Overhaul Author Profile
* T1618 Convert height to normalmap
* T7435 Preset icon library. (needs default icons, still)
* T7424 Update default presets. (in progress)
* T4536 General changes to the brushes and the saving and loading of brushes.
* T7059 Dynamic Brush preset preview
* T4137 and T372 - Lazy brush. (In progress)
Can't find the tasks for these:
* Async Background saving.
* Multi-threaded brush tips.
Could not be merged:
* share.krita.org integration
Ref this task when you fix a bug, so that we can make a list here :)
Main release TODO :
### Code side:
See also: https://community.kde.org/ReleasingSoftware
[X] update 3rdparty dependencies to the latest versions
[X] update the version of krita.xmlgui
[X] update the CMakeLists.txt version 220.127.116.11
[X] update org.kde.krita.appdata.xml 's release tag
[X] make a v18.104.22.168 tag (git tag -a vX.Y.Z -m "krita x.y.z" )
[X] push the tag ( git push origin --tags)
[X] update create_tarball_kf5's config.ini to use the new tag
[X] run create_tarball_kf5.rb (./createtarball/create_tarball_kf5.rb -n -a krita)
[X] sign the tarball (gpg --output krita-x.y.z.tar.gz.sig --detach-sign krita-x.y.z.tar.gz)
 upload the tarball and signature
 mail KDE release coordination <email@example.com>
[X] create bugzilla version
[X] Warn kde sysadmins that we're going to release and that krita.org is going to take load
We will mention when packages are done via IRC. You can help us by checking if the package works on your system, and does the following right:
* Krita starts
* Localization works
* Basic painting and most recently fixed bugs are fixed
[X] AppImage x64
[X] Notify Krita Lime
[X] ZIP64 + DBG
[X NSIS installer x64
 Update Microsoft store.
[X] DMG package
Packages for this release can be found at: https://download.kde.org/unstable/krita/22.214.171.124/
### Communication side:
[X] Notify translators of string freeze!
 Verify if manual pages are updated, if not annoy @woltherav and add undocumented features to #krita_manual
 Write release notes. This is a big release, so the big release notes are stored at https://krita.org/en/krita-4-0-release-notes/ There is no task for this yet.
 Notify people that they can start making release demonstrations.
Alright, this is the main release task for 4.0! That's right, a whole new version number!
We've fully gone over all our vector tools and made them more usable. Furthermore, the default format is SVG instead of ODG. Another exciting thing is that we've got python scripting in Krita now!
If you have completed a task, add a comment.
If you have anything else to add, add a comment as well! Putting all the comments about a given release into a single task is much easier on the bookkeeping!