Krita 4.0 main release task
No definite schedule at the moment!
* ~~4.0 PRE-ALPHA~~: Check https://download.kde.org/unstable/krita/4.0.0-prealpha/ for the packages!
* 4.0 ALPHA:
* 4.0 BETA:
* 4.0 RC:
* 4.0 final:
These all needs to be tested during alpha/beta/release candidate stage, and closed upon release:
* T1005 - Overhaul the vector system
* T1004 - Recreate the text tool (in progress still)
* T1625 - Python Scripting.
* T1615 - SVG import/export (unfinised, needs exporter written)
* T112 - Improve palette docker.
* T3589 - Smart Patch Tool
* T208 - Increase maximum brush size to 3k.
* T3050 - Refactor saving and loading
* General changes to the brushes and the saving and loading of brushes. (Is there a task for this?)
* isometric grid.
Ref this task when you fix a bug, so that we can make a list here :)
Main release TODO :
### Code side:
 update the version of krita.xmlgui
 update the CMakeLists.txt version 3.1.88
 make a v3.1.88 tag
 push the tag
 update create_tarball_kf5's config.ini to use the new tag
 run create_tarball_kf5.rb
 sign the tarball
 upload the tarball and signature
 create bugzilla version
We will mention when packages are done via IRC. You can help us by checking if the package works on your system, and does the following right:
* Krita starts
* Localization works
* Basic painting and most recently fixed bugs are fixed
 AppImage x64
 Notify Krita Lime
 ZIP64 + DBG
 NSIS installer x64
 ZIP32 + DBG
 NSIS installer x32
 Update Microsoft store.
 DMG package
Packages for this release can be found at... <insert link here>
### Communication side:
 Notify translators of string freeze!
 Verify if manual pages are updated, if not annoy @woltherav and add undocumented features to #krita_manual
 Write release notes. This is a big release, so the big release notes are stored at https://krita.org/en/krita-4-0-release-notes/ There is no task for this yet.
 Notify people that they can start making release demonstrations.
Alright, tis is the main release task for 4.0! That's right, a whole new version number!
We've fully gone over all our vector tools and made them more usable. Furthermore, the default format is SVG instead of ODG. Another exciting thing is that we've got python scripting in Krita now!
If you have completed a task, add a comment.
If you have anything else to add, add a comment as well! Putting all the comments about a given release into a single task is much easier on the bookkeeping!