On a system with an NVIDIA graphics card running a recent release of their proprietary driver
* Ensure EGL external platform support is installed https://github.com/NVIDIA/eglexternalplatform
* Ensure KWin was build with the CMake option KWIN_BUILD_EGL_STREAM_BACKEND=ON (this is the default)
* Start a plasma wayland session with the environment variable KWIN_DRM_USE_EGL_STREAMS set
* Ensure output from KWin OpenGL initialization indicates the NVIDIA EGL driver is in use (as opposed to Mesa / llvmpipe).
* Desktop should be fully functional and perform smoothly.