Taking the abstraction "Media" in MPRIS into use, a plain slide in a"Media Player Remote Interfacing
slideshow is the same as a still picturSpecification" (MPRIS) into use, a plain slide in a movie without any sound orslideshow can be seen
other parallel tracks (odor/vibration tracks still to make it to more ;) )to be the same as e.g. a still picture in a movie without any sound.
SoFollowing that, a slideshow ofwith pictures and videos can be directly mapped onto the dataas in the UI model
model used with MPRIS.of Gwenview can be roughly mapped onto the concept of a list of tracks as
Exposingwith in the slideshow object of a Gwenview instance as MPRIS D-Bus objectdata model of MPRIS.
This patch exposes the list of images/movies in the current folder and
allows thethe related slideshow to be controlled by anyfeature as MPRIS controllersD-Bus object, e.g.:implementing for a
* the MPRIS bridge used with kde-connect (so lean back in the couch andstart the interfaces
control the slideshow from your smart mobile :) )* "org.mpris.MediaPlayer2"
* Plasma media controller applet (control on small screen slideshow on big* "org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player"
screen (needs patch fortrying to map those to the applet first though, currently misses to work withGwenview UX closely.
This allows the slideshow and some other navigation to be controlled
CanPause=false MPRIS players) -> D10973
The current code works for a startby any MPRIS controllers, which includes e.g.
* keyboard mediakeys (Play/Pause, Stop, Next, only fragile in the trackid generation.
as handled by Plasma MPRIS dataengine
* make this an op* KDE Connect media player controller plugin
Additional build feature?lly the MRPIS D-Bus object is unregistered while the workspace
* make this an optional feature toggable in the settings,lockscreen is activated. where/how best?Because at least the Plasma lockscreen has
* any idea the feature to show to create unique track ids based on the media url?controls for any currently running MPRIS players,
* how to provide thumbnails to the mpris controller via temp files whosewhich for one does not make sense currently for an image player as all
urldisplays are locked, and then also can be passed in thsurprising for some users and
result in data leaks via the image metadata? used.
The great plan is to enhance the MPRIS spec to also work well for
presentation-like media shows. So there can and will be cross-app
rich (remote) controllers for LibreOffice Impress, Okular, Calligra Stage & Co.,also for classical presentation application
instead of only per-app (remote) controllersones.
So sSupporting the existing MPRIS interfaces is a first step into that, even if slightly bending the
direction and already adds value as it allows reuse of existing MPRISsemantics, is a first step into that direction and already adds value
So follow-up work once this first MPRIS support patch is in will beas it allows reuse of existing MPRIS controllers e.g. for remote control.
So follow-up work will be to also implement the other MPRIS interfaces
to also implement the MPRIS interfaclike org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.TrackList, for exposing the whole set of
for exposing the whole set of "slides",. allowingThis will enable MPRIS controllers tos to show the user a complete
show the user thevisual list and e.g. navigate directly to a given slide.
Depends on D10973
or give a preview
for the next/previous slides.