Thanks, having such a button in plain sight is a very sensible idea. Not sure about your custom bar yet, though, so here are two more ideas:
- Show a KMessageWidget like Okular does for PDFs with forms. This would look a bit like the Nautilus screenshot in the bug. On the other hand it's not really a message.
- Dynamically add a button to the toolbar. Konqueror used to do this for different KParts, it was a bit annoying when buttons jumped around. However I think it can be done:
- Align Control button to the right (this would be good to have anyway!).
- Now even in the default config there should be enough space to add Empty trash right after Split when visiting trash:/, without anything jumping around.
- Set the button state to "disabled" once the trash has been emptied.
Maybe send an email to email@example.com?
Yes, that would be in a separate diff. If you'd like, implement the feature in Dolphin for now, and then we can remove it when your KIO patch lands. Otherwise we'll have to delay this by a few weeks or more, waiting for whatever KDE Frameworks version your KIO patch lands in.
I think that checking trash emptiness with KIO can be implemented in separate diff because it concerns another place. I guess I'm done.
It would be better to show button only if trash is not empty. KIO (https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kio/html/namespaceKIO.html) doesn't have isTrashEmpty function. Now Dolphin uses special code to check it. I propose to add it there. Can you point me at KIO repo?
No need for a space between FEATURE and the :
Why? In my opinion all buttons should be the same.
Fixed compilation. Unified empty trash functions.
Make sure it compiles before pushing, please. Now it no longer does for me:
Add licenses, move "Empty trash" button to the right, remove close button.
There is 3 places that is responsible for emptying trash. 2 of them use code from trash/dolphintrash.cpp. Third place is https://github.com/KDE/dolphin/blob/master/src/panels/places/placespanel.cpp#L458
Thanks for the patch! Couple of notes:
Cool :-D Can you add a screenshot as well?
Add missed files
I'm working on the search GUI anyway. Going to add an option for this.
Will take some time, though.
Tue, Feb 20
The only component I could find to be affected by this change is baloo-widgets. I have already adapted it to this change. And yes, it will handle both.
It will take a some time to publish it because some other stuff has to get reviewed first.
I you know of any component or application using the epub-extractor of KFileMetadata apart from baloo-widgets please let me know.
@mgallien Then they won't benefit from this until a file is reindexed.
Users with baloo disabled will benefit, because in that case baloo_filemetadata_temp_extractor will extract the data on-the-fly.
Reindexing just the ebooks can be done with:
The problem with any changes to the extractors its that the baloo database of users will not be refreshed.
Sat, Feb 17
The changes have not yet appeared in my KDE Neon Developer installation. Perhaps I need to follow some manual steps in order to get the changes on my system?
Tue, Feb 13
Mon, Feb 12
- Make settings const, request by elvisangelaccio
Sat, Feb 10
Wed, Feb 7
fixed in oxygen see bug report
Tue, Feb 6
Or maybe we could just change the F11 shortcut to F10 or F12 something. That would be simplest, and make room for a future F11 Full Screen feature in Dolphin
One more thing, then I'll leave for real ;) : Looking at Kate and Gwenview, those also toggle UI features with function keys. As long as Dolphin does not provide a Fullscreen mode, F11 is not much of an issue IMO, it's just the way it evolved over the years… If it is ever added, we could move panel hiding to F12 or repurpose the alternative/second shortcut for hidden files (F8).
Mon, Feb 5
I'll not get too involved in this one, but two observations:
- Having to use two hands to perform a shortcut is annoying. Some keyboards do still provide function keys…
- In languages other than English the names are different, so there you won't gain much in terms of this nice-to-remember scheme anyway.
Closing since this is done now!