Thu, Jul 18
Thu, Jun 20
Jun 15 2019
Jun 5 2019
May 22 2019
May 8 2019
May 1 2019
I've created a short link for the brochure pdf https://go.kde.org/u/SponsorAkademy2019
Apr 30 2019
Looks good to me now
Looking better, a few more things
Ok everyone, here is a new version. I used the recommended text provided by Paul and applied the latest changes requested by Kenny. Please review. @paulb if new changes are required, we will need the Scribus version you're working on instead of the version I am working with. My version is just temporary to get the brochure out faster.
Some more observation from the last PDF
@abetts there is a new version of the text in Promo Team Resources/Akademy/2019/Sponsors/Brochure/. It is called Promo akademy-sponsorship-brochure-2019_AB_PB_ID_KD.odt. It is very similar to the other one, but has @duffus 's corrections.
I've merged changes of text in the odt and it is now having another check over
Apr 29 2019
I used the text I received from Paul.
The page 9 media issues should just be removed from the brochure and remove fair trade from coffee breaks
April 29th Version
- page 1 use English: Milano > Milan
- page 2: url should have 2019 at end?
- page 2: url should be https to look more professional
- page 2: url doesn't work when clicking for me?
- page 3 column 1 paragraph 3 line 5: Sources > Source
- page 3 column 1 paragraph 3 line 5: on > in
- page 3 column 2 paragraph 1 line 3: why is this specifying just games & utilities rather than most programs? (Not sure what it should be here. Let's ping Promo!
- page 3 column 2 paragraph 2 line 1: will allow > allows (it actually was missing a "to". It was referencing Kirigami as "it".
- page 3 column 2 paragraph 4: url isn't clickable
- page 4 column 2 not top aligned with column 1
- page 4 column 1 paragraph 2: ruphy previously pointed out population should be 1.5M
- page 4 column 1 paragraph 3: should probably be changed similar to the dot story? (Let's ping Promo)
- page 4 column 1 paragraph 4: as previously suggested should we not mention Redhat as well as SUSE? (Let's ping Promo)
- page 4 column 1 paragraph 4: should we also be listing any of the potential Local Sponsors from a tactical point of view? (Let's ping Promo)
- page 4 column 2 paragraph 2: university > University
- page 4 column 2 paragraph 2: its also accessible by tram and train, maybe just say public transport? (I agree)
- page 5 should the bottom of the columns be aligned? (I was able to, at least, make the second column look longer than the first)
- page 5 column 2 line 2: an > and
- page 8 column 1 line 1: should the first KDE e.V. really have also a second . for the end of sentence? I've never seen that before (You're right, https://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/periods.asp)
- page 8 item 3 line 2 & line 5: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 8 item 6 line 1: organizer > Organizer
- page 8 item 6 line 2: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 8 item 8 line 5: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 8 item 8 line 5: conference > Akademy
- page 8 item 10 line 1: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 8 item 12 line 5: sponsor > Sponsor
- page 9 benefits table, "Network event with KDE Board": KDE > KDE e.V.
- page 9 benefits table, "Logo on badge insert with conference schedule" should be below "Logo on front face of conference badge or lanyard"
- page 9 benefits table, "* Lanyard option is first come, first serve": serve > served
- page 9 benefits table, "* Lanyard option is first come, first serve": add "at Sponsors cost"
- page 9 email: Akademyfirstname.lastname@example.org > email@example.com
- page 9 Media partners: we don't have a conference programme (What should be the action here?)
- page 9 We haven't had a press room for a few years? (What should be the action here?)
- page 9 Additional Opportunities: are we actually able to offer Fair Trade coffee? (What should be the action here?)
- page 9 Additional Opportunities: cocktails > Social Event
- page 10 use English: Milano > Milan
- page 10: the form doesn't seem to work? (Should it work if all people just seem to scan the form and send back?)
- page 10: every year sponsors always just scan and email the form to us so we should probably just list firstname.lastname@example.org there as well
- page 10: alignment of "Please review the terms and conditions on the previous page before completing this form." looks strange as its is aligned with the header, which nothing else is
- page 10: address is old
I am curious to know where the texts for this version of the brochure came from. Page 3, for example, does not show the text @skadinna and I updated and shared on Share and it contains errors that are not in last year's brochure.
Some errors found while proof reading:
Apr 27 2019
I only see a link to a PDF from Monday?
We also need text for the equivalent of https://akademy.kde.org/2018/sponsoring for 2019
Where is the current rendered PDF and I can stick it in the right place on the akademy website?
Apr 26 2019
Including @abetts reply by e-mail.
Are we happy with the latest pdf? Is it something we can get under akademy.kde.org?
Apr 25 2019
Yeah. I am tied up in the annual report right now, but as soon as I get through that, sure. I'd enjoy the challenge, too.