Sat, Mar 21
Wed, Mar 11
i got a board meeting report, a couple of highlights from the community and a preliminary draft for the featured article
Tue, Mar 10
Mon, Mar 9
@apol I'd need an introductory text for the report, when you can.
@neofytosk, @apol, @lydia, @adridg, @hein, what are you preferences regarding the topic for the "Featured Article"? For reference, last year we talked about KDE goals, and the year before about Plasma Mobile.
Sat, Mar 7
Topic Idea: How to encourage developers to write their own store config files? aka snapcraft.yaml and the like? Per haps a wike page(s) on how-tos for each store?
Tue, Mar 3
@neofytosk : How about we start to include a text from the KDE Free Qt Foundation in the reports? This could be the first one. It doesn't have to be long: a couple of paragraphs about what it does, whose on the board and the activities carried out during the year.
@colomar Are you still more or less in charge of the Advisory Board? If not, who is? Either way, I would need a text for the report.
@hein: would it be possible to have a brief text with the 2019 highlights from the point of view of the FWG, please? We would also need the figures for 2018.
The Sysadmin component of the report is as follows:
Created/Reinstated 90 Developer accounts
Created 7 kdemail.net aliases
Disabled 1 kdemail.net aliases
Created 12 kde.org aliases
Disabled 1 kde.org aliases
Modified 8 kde.org aliases
Created 5 kde.org mailing-lists: kirigami cutehmi akademy-proposals cantor-bugs kde-kr
Disabled 5 kde.org mailing-lists: dot-editors kdepim-maintainers social-media rocs-devel krecipes-devel
Feb 29 2020
Feb 25 2020
I added the redirections: https://commits.kde.org/websites/ev-kde-org/9c33518a3601e65dbb90f617e0e872851429fbec and fixed the highlight color in the navigation bar https://commits.kde.org/websites/ev-kde-org/8d3dff196a0ff9766fe6514ef6a9053de4b5fb9b
This weekend I was doin a bycycle tour, so I just saw your email. :D
Some new requests (I don't think @ognarb receives mail I send):
- a way to do 302 redirects (then I can tidy up the announcements with 302s instead of text, also better for search engines)
- I'd like to have the date in blog posts / news items pages, e.g. the list of news shows a date (floated right), but the news item itself, https://ev.kde.org/2020/02/24/kde-e-v-is-looking-for-marketing-support/ , does not show a date in the title.
I've done the merge now of news and announcements:
- announcements were the press releases, but we only ever did six or seven of them
- the associated news items just pointed to the press release
So I merged the content into news, put in some boilerplate text to send users to the news items from the announcement, and dropped the announcement item from the menu. The old announcements URLs are still valid, but tell the user to go to the news item. They're not linked directly.
Feb 15 2020
We are working for years now to get our current system to work properly. Before that is fixed that's a no from me for any fundamental additions tbh. Sorry.
Feb 13 2020
Basically, gamify it. I think that's a good idea.
+1 but the donation part is the responsibility of the fundraising working group not of the website group and having awards is also a lot of extra work for us. On other news I working on a Blender fund website (it's all open source) for Krita.
Feb 11 2020
@adridg it's online now :D
- I don't know if it's doable, but ev.kde.org is a bit odd in that it's "owned" not by the community, but by the e.V. itself. The maintained-by: link at the bottom on the current site points to the board; the new one to www@ .
- The Information -> About Us link is kind of useless, since it goes back to the homepage. I don't know if there's an adequate modern-www paradigm for handling that. (This also applies to the current site)
- On What is KDE e.V. the blockquote from the articles of association doesn't look like a blockquote.
- The news item about the 2018 report has gone missing
- Can we merge News and Announcements? Escpecially now the page title for news is Announcements.
(These are non-blockers to a migration, and I'd fix them directly myself once the site is migrated)
Feb 8 2020
Feb 5 2020
Jekyll can do that, I just need to figure out another htaccess magic for link compatibility
Can Jekyll not do URLs without extensions such as https://ev.kde.org/akademy/requirements so that in the future we don't have to mess with extensions again
Jan 18 2020
I'm working on an updated website with the new theme here: https://invent.kde.org/carlschwan/ev-kde-org
Jan 9 2020
Any progress here? Where can I find the repo for https://relate.kde.org/?
Dec 23 2019
Dec 21 2019
Dec 10 2019
Making them smaller is fine from the board side. Please keep them in the footer though.
Dec 7 2019
I'll put it on the agenda for the next call.
Dec 5 2019
@lydia, is this something the Board could support?
Reconfirmed the approval from VDG people, would like to ping e.V. to start the discussion with patrons.
Dec 4 2019
Nov 23 2019
If you're looking for a location for this sprint just ping me. Maybe we at TUXEDO Computers could arrange something.