Tue, Sep 18
Mon, Sep 17
This bit is in two reviews or I'm missing something?
Sun, Sep 16
Mon, Sep 10
Mon, Sep 3
@abetts One of the most important things in a 3D printer are:
- 4 Axis control
- To control X, Y, Z, and E (the extruder, the guy that extrude plastic to create the 3D object)
- The control need to be able to move with steps from 10cm to 0.01mm. (This values can change from printer to printer).
- The extruder control should have a extruder multiplier that changes the extrusion quantity from 0.5x to 2x.
- Temperature control
- This sets the temperature in the extruder and the heated bed. The max values should be set by the user.
- Command mode
- The user should be able to send machine code to the printer, allowing some personalization.
- This command code should output data from the printer and show to the user as well, like a normal terminal.
None of those really apply to the people who are 3d printing today.
We do not know who our target users are. We really really need to decide upon a few "User Profiles" I think that will guide us alot in our interface choices.
The who model downloading / purchase section. We can't slice on atelier so this is currently not useful to our users.
Thank you for the comments. If you were to take anything out or add anything to the mockup, what would that be?
Sun, Sep 2
Hello Andres, Thank you for your first mockup.
But I would like to comment some points.
The 3 interfaces of 3d printng that i find are most common.
Ok team, here is a first take at a mobile interface. Right now I am only thinking of this as an interface for phones. For a tablet or horizontal device, we would only stretch the UI horizontally or just do better placement but the same elements would be there. Please note that these are pre-made wireframes. They are meant to convey an idea only and not a final design. Focus on elements, menus and main ideas.
Wed, Aug 29
- Should be able to use in smartphones as well.
- 3D rendering of the gcode and update of the viewer while showing the printing progress.
- View for multiple camera monitoring
- The extruder and extrusion/retract need to handle multiple extruders.
- The extrusion and retract should allow the user to control the length of the filament (not a simple up down arrow).
- Panel for connectivity configuration (connecting to remote service of atcore).
- Show notifications for when:
- print start
- print finish
- Something is wrong (YOUR PRINTER IS IN FIRE !)
- If possible, showing a picture with the notification, showing the actual state of the printer.
- Allow specific notifications like: Changing layer and etc.
We are going to a new UI for Atelier written with QML.
That interface needs to be adaptative for small screens like a RaspPi 7" touchscreen, and desktop screens.
Thu, Aug 23
Once your connected the connected Instance no longer updates the list of devices . (Or it stops when you start to print) . I will look in to this further when i get to my printer
- I started a job from Atelier
- For some reason the connection was lost during that(Maybe bad contact with the cable or whatever)
- The printer stopped and Atelier didn't update with any new info.
If your printing how are you not connected? I don't understand how that even happens
I missed connection during print time, and the log isn't my main widget during that. So a feedback for the user about an error is needed.
These messages should be provided via atcore:atcoreMessage
Jul 2 2018
Jun 29 2018
Jun 28 2018
You probably want to keep x11 and wayland.
Jun 20 2018
Jun 19 2018
- Apol's Suggestions
- Add Cleanups