- User Since
- Apr 21 2020, 7:35 PM (16 w, 1 d)
Jul 10 2020
Apr 25 2020
Oh the shame! I had forgotten to center it (and I do know how to)!
Apr 24 2020
My search on the internet told me LGTM stands for looks good to me.
I added a 32px with 3px margin
- a bit darker, with a more pronounced gradient effect
- here it is in 64px:
Apr 23 2020
- corrected hard edges
- aaand that's it probably for me, I'm reasonably happy with this and I think I've learned quite a bit
- Here it is ^_^
- tried to change the shape into something more modern (though I quite like the old-ish look)
- changed the gradient as bruns said, can't say I see much difference
- removed the middle curve
Changed the icon, with ndavis' help, so that it better fits its 64px place.
Apr 22 2020
If on the other hand you really like the old mouse icon as well but just want it to work better for dark themes then another option might be to recolour the old icon to get better contrast out of it against the dark background.
Added a better border, it does look better like this.
Maybe this is just me but the overall width to height ratio makes it seem that the closest "real" mice are quite dated as well.
- Fixed margins
- added *some* perspective, I hope it looks better. I don't know if maybe I should add curvature
- used inkscape to optimize it
- I really have no idea on how to make it less boring
cleaned them and svgcleaned them
Used svgcleaner to change the icon from 7.3KiB to 1.6KiB
Running svgcleaner on this icon turns it from a 7.3 KiB monstrosity to 1.6 KiB beauty. However I don't know how to update this patch :(.
Apr 21 2020
Uploaded in 128x128 the old (left) and new (right) icon next to each other.