Piotr Henryk Dabrowski <email@example.com>
- User Since
- Aug 3 2018, 11:57 AM (66 w, 4 d)
Oct 8 2019
Sep 15 2019
Sep 14 2019
Aug 5 2019
New, much better solution.
Aug 3 2019
You don't have commit access, do you?
No, I don't.
Is "Piotr Henryk Dabrowski <firstname.lastname@example.org>" fine as git authorship?
Aug 1 2019
Small fix for the "Open Preferred Search Tool" as a toolbar button.
Jul 29 2019
Jul 23 2019
new diff: proper fix for clipboard history management
Weak pointer might not work well for this after all.
I need to have a second look at this patch.
new diff: much better patch
Jul 21 2019
I did some more testing, and everything seems to work fine:
$ sudo su # cd /usr/share/applications
# sleep 2 && mv org.kde.kfind.desktop org.kde.kfind.desktop_ # no KFind now
# sleep 2 && mv org.kde.kfind.desktop_ org.kde.kfind.desktop # KFind installed
Actions to test (KFind installed/not installed):
- menubar -> Tools -> Open KFind/none
- Control toolbutton (menubar hidden) -> Tools -> Open KFind/none
- [Settings] -> Configure Shortcuts... -> shortcut for Open KFind/Open Preferred Search Tool in the list
No problem. I'm glad it works :)
Hmm... Are you using the latest diff (https://phabricator.kde.org/D22594?id=62212)?
The way you've implemented the menu item naming seems a bit fragile though
True. It's really hard to update it reliably.
KMoreTools* do not provide an easy way to get notified that the tools changed. Even current solution in "More Search Tools" menu recreates the menu every time it is displayed.
So I tried updating the action every time menu containing it is shown. Connect()ions for this aren't pretty, but this should actually work...
- For the keyboard shortcut let's use Alt instead of Shift. It is an alternate search, after all.
- Instead of showing a generic text, how about making it actually say "Search with <name of preferred search tool"?
- Whenever you change anything in a .rc file, you need to bump the version number that appears at the top of the file.
Jul 20 2019
Jul 19 2019
Uploaded (final?) diff with version using duplicated hideToolTip()/hideToolTipInstantly() slots.
Uploaded diff with version using QOverload.
Jul 18 2019
Jul 17 2019
Jul 9 2019
also the defaults that could be removed from color schemes?