- User Since
- Oct 12 2018, 1:35 PM (52 w, 5 d)
Fri, Oct 4
In case of UI accessibility i know that the following terms are true and most importaint for basic keyboard only navigation:
- all combinatins with META are made for "global scope" like window manager, desktop environment and such.
- Alt + XXX combinations are used for the menu bar of the current application
- Tab: brings the user to the next Element
- Shift + Tab: brings the user to the previouse element
- Ctrl + Tab: brings the user to the next Panel ( logical group of widgets)
- Ctrl + Shift + Tab brings the user to the prviouse Panel ( logical group of widgets)
- Arrow keys: bring the focus to the next element in the arrow direction
- Return: activates current element (like leftclick on current focused element)
- Spacebar: activates current element (like leftclick on current focused element)
- Shift+ Arrow: mark entries in direction
- Ctrl + Spacebar: select entries with cherrypicking (hold Ctrl to navigate around and not lose the current selection; navigation without hold Ctrl removes selection)
- F10: focus/ (on some systems also opens ) the menubar of the current application
- Shift + F10: opens context menu (like rightclick on current focused element) - not every keyboard has an "menu key" thats why this is an alternative -> special laptops
- ESC: stop current activity
- F7: Toggles an Caret on / off -> Textcursor
- F1: Open Help
- F2: Rename / edit
- F3: Search
- Alt + F4: Close current application
- Ctrl + Q: Close current application (in multi tap applications)
- Ctrl + F4: Close current Tab (in multi tap applications)
- Ctrl + W: Close current Tab (in multi tap applications)
- F5: Refresh
- F11: Fullscreen / Window Mode Toggle
- Pos1: focus first element
- End: focus last element
- Picture up/ down: move all the screen up / down
- Ctrl + Picture up/ down: go to next tab.
- Ctrl + Shift + Picture up / down: go to previous tab
Thu, Sep 19
i m all in with this. Keyboard shortcuts an navigation is one of the most basic parts for accessibility and power users. I will do some investigation here and come back with hopefully something useful.
Sep 10 2019
Oh yea, we will for sure towards improving the accessibility. This is very needed at this point :).
if others here want to help and pick up some accessibility related tasks (what often goes hand in hand with usability, as it also means you can use the desktop with eyboard only), just assign to the accessibility mailing list and join us :).
We are happy for any helping hand and it would be coold to fom a real accessibility team.
Aug 21 2019
Aug 20 2019
@broulik could you take a look at? we should have now an own accessibility role for notifications what needs to be set.
Aug 14 2019
Aug 3 2019
Ok, I think its ready :) and cross my finger for an A11y open minded community :)
Jul 19 2019
One reason more to apply this Goal :) otherwise we do not fit out own HIG for large parts.
Jul 15 2019
Jun 18 2019
IMO a good default key mapping is a huge part of Accessibility. I think those should be intuitive and easy to remember.
agree here. many parts are not reachable using shortcuts at all.
try to access the notification area or networks using shortcuts..
Jun 17 2019
Additional :), it would help to fit our new shiny HIG!
Jun 13 2019
I just read the comments in the blog announcement about the KDE goals and just found a interested guy.
Jun 12 2019
Thanks a lot for your comment.
I consider that proper accessibility is one of the thing that is/was lacking in Elisa and should be taken for granted.
you are completly right.
A11y is important in enterprise sector. thats why i created T11074 its very needed and its already too long out of scope
By the way: Thanks for care about accessibility! this is awsome :).
I added an Issue for adding the notification role:
Here some update from the a11y side:
- We just prepared an Accessibility section in our HIG (Human interface Guidelines), what are ready to land. Issue T11040
- I just brought up the idea to make accessibility as an main goal for 2019. See Issue T11074
This is ready to land.
Jun 11 2019
Thanks for clearification :) . Again what learned.
Looks good to me!
@lavender thanks for helping out with the text :). i m not the "best" english speaker XD.
+1 here :).
additional, phabricator is not very accessible to blind people what prevent them to dive in for help
Jun 6 2019
i think you don't need the
stuff when you use
insteed of :
I found an example extension for gnome-shell. It sends the clipboard (when it changes) to orca using ATK to make orca announce the clipboard change.
I got information that there is some financal support for stuff like that.
but i m too late :/. So i will not stay at plasma sprint.
still my plan is to have an A11y sprint.
Jun 5 2019
Woe :) cool this looks very promising.
you can just add Plasma Accessibility i will try to review then as soon as i find time :)
thanks for care about that :).
May 27 2019
Is reviewed. i need to merge this.
Apr 29 2019
If we add the desktop frame we should add the desktop icons as well or/and maybe the "normal icons".
Apr 26 2019
Seems that the scheduled week has a lot of holidays here in germany. so i may be able to join you for several days.
Apr 25 2019
this is a bad week for me as there are a lot of familiy internal stuff like birthdays and stuff.
But I would be happy to join you guys. let me give a talk to my girlfriend and familiy first. If i can join, I assume could not join for all the week as i have already scheduled my per year vocation to other dates.
Apr 24 2019
I close this and keep the outstanding issues on track in T10836 as the initial bits are working now.
Apr 23 2019
@gladhorn maybe you want to review my patch when you find a quite minute :).
Maybe it would be a good idea to merge all the ATK roles with the QT ones? So we could provice all needed roles?
there is stuff what might be nice for other places as well. like ATK_ROLE_ICON.
Apr 10 2019
- and way to access the volume is still needed. i assigned a key activate it.
seems to work mostly now with plasma 5.15
will get fixed by D20449
no more changes are needed then.
i mark this as done as the real problem isnt the a11y label and role
will get fixed by D20449