- User Since
- Apr 13 2020, 8:33 AM (23 w, 6 d)
Fri, Sep 25
Thu, Sep 24
Tue, Sep 22
Mon, Sep 21
Last day to confirm the advisory committee Sunday, 27 September 2020. I have added my initials for the first five names whom I am approaching for the committee. Please start writing your initials as well.
Sat, Sep 19
Thu, Sep 17
17 September 2020
Sun, Sep 6
Aug 24 2020
Aug 21 2020
All documents are also available here.
The Financial Plan for the KDE Network. Please suggest any changes.
Aug 20 2020
20 August 2020
- The plan was discussed briefly and we agreed to discuss it in detail in the BoF.
- For Financials, we have agreed that either expenses will be reimbursed or we will pay it to the vendors directly. We will make a proper financial plan for it.
- The Advisory Committee and Board members will be separate groups. We want recommendations for the Advisory Committee.
- Bhavisha, Manav and Piyush will recommend people from KDE India who are more active and will be willing to join KDE Network.
- If our pilot program is successful in India then we can start the program in other countries as well.
- The KDE Network is a program to enter into new markets where we can promote KDE more. It will not change anything, KDE contributors and volunteers will continue to support KDE.
- Ruben was kind enough to explain how KDE Spain works.
- Based on our discussion with Ruben, we have decided that we will not be following KDE Spain’s format as it is a proper association.
- Piyush suggested that we can ask for references when bringing new members on board to the KDE Network.
- If getting 5-10 members onboard will be difficult for a country, we can see in future if we can reduce the number.
- The idea of the KDE Network is to support and promote KDE in local communities.
Aug 14 2020
Aug 13 2020
Plan for the KDE Network. Please suggest any changes.
Aug 6 2020
6 August 2020
Aug 4 2020
Information extracted from Nuritzi Sanchez's voice note
Jul 30 2020
Fedora is revamping their Ambassador project. Please see this link for more details. It is a complete guideline that can help us too.
Information collected from Jonathan Riddel:
Currently, we are posting about Akademy on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Jul 23 2020
23 July 2020
- A Volunteer Program (working title) rather than an ambassador program as we want more people to share the responsibility. Even if one person is not able to work others can contribute. All the promotional material including presentations, posters etc. will be developed at main KDE and then printed/adapted locally. The purpose of this program will be to:
- promote KDE locally
- attend events on behalf of KDE
- represent KDE locally
- be a point of contact for locals who would like to join KDE
- reach out to universities for guest lectures etc.
Jul 20 2020
Date: Thursday, 23 July 2020
Time: 10.30 am CEST
Link to Join: https://meet.kde.org/b/ani-g0p-cmf
Jul 18 2020
Openstack and Gnome have Ambassador Programs. Please see the links below.
Jul 17 2020
Jul 16 2020
We will be having a meeting on 23 July 2020 to discuss the Ambassador Program in detail. based on our discussion, we do not want to go with a formal chapter initially. We have the following queries in mind that we will discuss in the meeting as well.
Jul 10 2020
Jun 10 2020
We have to make our "Get Involved" or update the current Wiki page so that it is easier to access/understand for the newcomers. To make it simplified here are a few suggestions:
Jun 9 2020
Based on suggestions. Please see these 3 options, as I am not a designer these are just for ideas. If there are more changes/suggestions, please share.
Jun 8 2020
Jun 5 2020
I will revise the task based on everyone’s suggestions
@ognarb I have tried creating an image to express this idea visually.
Jun 4 2020
@ognarb can we create a static webpage for "Get Involved"? We do not need to change the wiki page.
Jun 3 2020
May 15 2020
There are applications to reshare, create layouts etc. But you can share posts as stories. We can always omit this line. My point was to give a call of action that can be in any form. Like Download now.
May 14 2020
May 13 2020
May 12 2020
@paulb This is the first draft. I will make changes based on everyone's suggestions.
Yes, you are right. That's why I have made the calendar so once a week we can post about other products. We want to create awareness. so we have to tweak our strategy on the basis of how people respond.
I have made the first draft of the Instagram Strategy.