- Confusing Quit button: Bug 386163
- Preferences hard to find: Bug 375965
- Multiple unrelated options in the Save As popup menu button.
- The popup menu button is a standard element, I think it is fine for presenting the different save options available (even if dedoimedo does not like it). It should stay.
- Print should go to Export Image (which could get a better name, though).
- Preferences should be renamed Configure... and moved into its own button to the right of Help (not sure yet whether icon-only button or with text).
- Quit/Discard should be either moved or removed. Reasons:
- 3 buttons in the bottom right group are easier to navigate than 4.
- Makes space for a Preferences button in the left group.
- Redundant to the regular window close button. Caveats:
- We should get some input from users of tiling window managers who switch off decorations.
- Does the HIG require such a button?
- Maybe it was added for a reason? After all, KSnapshot did not have it.
- Solve Bug 389691 (Ambiguous shortcut warning when pressing Ctrl+Q, Ctrl+S or Ctrl+Shift+S).
- Having a button potentially resulting in losing your work without any confirmation right next to the button saving your work is quite dangerous.
- The wording changing itself is confusing.
- Some use cases are already solved by Save & Exit.
- Add a "quit after save/copy/export" checkbox to the main UI and then get rid of Save & Exit item; would solve Bug 389773
- Properly indicate unsaved screenshots instead of changing wording of Quit button, e.g. by adding "*" in title and showing a confirmation dialog for unsaved changes on closing.
- Finish design
- Implement changes
- Make sure D9117#202448 is implemented and works, otherwise Copy To Clipboard with Quit after Copy is broken (or at least add a tooltip as well as docbook documentation).
- Adapt docbook
- Provide new screenshots