Plasma 5.10 will be released on 30-05-2017 so it is time to think about our promo video. Given the experience from the previous videos here is how my workflow looks like.
- Around Plasma Repo Freeze we start collecting notes for the Plasma release announcement. Here are notes for the Plasma 5.10 release announcement https://notes.kde.org/public/plasma_5_10
- Based on this we prepare a public announcement for the Plasma beta release.
- Once beta is released I prepare a script/text for the promo video which is heavily based on the official announcement.
- When the script is ready I send it to the person responsible for the voice over.
- Then I am doing screen recording and video editing (it takes about two weeks between beta and final release)
Long story short if you have any ideas/suggestions on how we can improve Plasma promo videos, please post them here. BTW. I am using Blender for the video editing.