The server should re-send change notification for entities that the owning resource failed to replay. This is a more generic approach to re-creating items without RID.
The notification bus is bi-directional nowadays, so the resource could send a message when it fails to replay a change back to the server. The server would store it in a DB and would re-submit the notification later.
A few problems to figure out first:
- How to store the notification on the server
- Only re-send the notification to the owning resource, not other clients
- When should Akonadi try to re-send the notification?
- on next start
- when the owning resource goes online
- after a timeout
- Initially re-generate the ADD notification for existing Items without RID