To implement: https://wiki.gnupg.org/EasyGpg2016/AutomatedEncryption I need a new Key Selection dialog in GpgOL. That dialog should be generic enough that it can also supplant the current Key approval / selection dialog in KMail.
API will be very similar to the current one. I think the Main Data Structures will be Maps of "CryptoPrefence -> Mailaddresses -> Lists of keys". So that a Caller can loop over all the CryptoPreferences returned by the Resolver and do according crypto. There will be "Overrides" so that a caller can provide a specific key / CryptoPreference for a specific address to do address book integration.
- Handle everything the current one does except Address book integration.
- Support GnuPG Groups
- Use the Keycache
- Support multiple keys better
- Visualize Validity according to the "Level ideas"
- Support own Key Creation and Key Import if no key exists (important for Outlook where we currently don't have keygen gui)
- Handle the TOFU conflict checks with own certificates
- Handle backup nagging (You encrypted ten messages already but we have not tracked a backup through the gui. Did you Backup your Key? REALLY?)
- Handle expiration warnings (like the current also does)
- Be more readable then the current implementation :-)
There should be an option for the Keyresolver to only show Approval when necessary (also similar to the current one). As for the GUI I have a clear idea how it should look like.
I'd like to do this myself.