What do you think about these changes?
- Removing the dividers between the accounts
That's why the SimpleMenu design mockups doesn't have any dividers and the Kaidan one from T12420 didn't have dividers either
- Re-adding the "Contacts" text Seems like a simple thing but pretty much every kirigami app has a title so removing it makes it less consistent
- Re-adding the chat bubble shadow especially if the background is customizable in the future so it gives more contrast
- Using softer colors for the bubbles (for better contrast, something like 40% highlight color + 60% view bg when following the colorscheme and maybe even custom bubble colors from the app itself)
- Re-adding the plus button so the user is able to add more contacts, even though having the search button is quite important
- Use 1px divider between input box and messages instead of 2px (maybe it's from the export configuration or something)
Also, keep in mind the features from the nightly versions and how the layout would adapt on both phones and desktop. This is the screenshot from a recent android build, that was also posted in T12420:
Yes, it's kool
That's why the SimpleMenu design mockups doesn't have any dividers and the Kaidan one from T12420 didn't have dividers either * Re-adding the "Contacts" text
I accidentally deleted it 0_0, sorry.
Re-adding the "Contacts" text Seems like a simple thing but pretty much every kirigami app has a title so removing it makes it less consistent
- I'd remove the "Contacts" text between the hamburger menu and plus sign as it is redundant, as a user sees and knows that there's the contact panel and it just clutteres the UI.
- Additionally I'd move the "Send a spoiler message" to the input field at the bottom, as it fits contextually better there and is definitely not an often used function, which needs such a prominent place.
- All UI texts seem to be pretty big and remind me of the extra-large-fonts of my elders, who have bad eyesight. I'd make them smaller by default and optionally offer different font sizes. Besides, the chat font is rather small compared to the rest of the UI
- The chat (JID/nickname) title may look better if centered.
- The green check marks may be less flashy.
- As online states are pretty unreliable, I would probably hide them by default.
- Links, which are blue, are barely seen on a blue chat bubble